Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[GUIDE] HTC One M7 - Purple Tint Fix

OP Skanob

9th December 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #151  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 145
 
445 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
@wickity

In Australia, mine came back with a brand new back and sides.

Taking my vinyl skin off had lifted the HTC letters (I pushed them back on, but who knows how long they would have stayed) and the plastic had some wear and tear on the micro usb port (from the clips of the plug going in) and SIM card slot.
10th December 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #152  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeevan

@wickity

In Australia, mine came back with a brand new back and sides.

Taking my vinyl skin off had lifted the HTC letters (I pushed them back on, but who knows how long they would have stayed) and the plastic had some wear and tear on the micro usb port (from the clips of the plug going in) and SIM card slot.

So it came back in the same condition you sent it in? Minus the new back and sides...(am assuming you are referring to the white material sandwiched in between the phone externals) BTW how much did it cost you? Did they replace the back and sides for 'free' or did they charge you?

Sent from my A0001
10th December 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #153  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 145
 
445 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
@wickity
I'd say mine came back in better condition thanks to the replacement parts! Screen and grills were mark free when I dropped it off, so I don't know if they were replaced or just put back in place and cleaned. Oh, the power button was also replaced as I remembered there used to be some light scratches on it. All in all, it's like I got a brand new phone. Yes, when I say the 'sides' I mean the white plastic between the screen and back.

It was all free as it was still under warranty.
22nd December 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #154  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
Hi all. This is my first post so don't be so harsh on me . Anyways i'm a user of HTC One and i have the problem with the purple/pink camera tint. I've been using the phone for over a year and the warranty is expired so i decided to look for help and it got me to here. I've already tried the fix that is in the video and i'm afraid it doesn't work for me. So the question is : does the camera sensor of HTC ONE(M8) (omnivision ov4688) is the same with the camera that HTC is using for replacement
22nd December 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #155  
cyrusct82's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Constanţa
Thanks Meter: 456
 
944 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikola_neg

Hi all. This is my first post so don't be so harsh on me . Anyways i'm a user of HTC One and i have the problem with the purple/pink camera tint. I've been using the phone for over a year and the warranty is expired so i decided to look for help and it got me to here. I've already tried the fix that is in the video and i'm afraid it doesn't work for me. So the question is : does the camera sensor of HTC ONE(M8) (omnivision ov4688) is the same with the camera that HTC is using for replacement

Yes is the same.
22nd December 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #156  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusct82

Yes is the same.

It does not look the same to me. As i can see on the pictures it seems that the connector is slightly different. if i ordered the same sensor for HTC m8 it would not fit in the m7 model as i can see by the pictures. Maybe someone with more experience can tell me.
Also i would be grateful if someone can give me link where to buy the omnivision sensor for HTC M7.
Consider the fact that HTC service is asking 230 euros for the repairs on the camera in Macedonia which is slightly too much for me
22nd December 2014, 11:44 PM   |  #157  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
149 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikola_neg

It does not look the same to me. As i can see on the pictures it seems that the connector is slightly different. if i ordered the same sensor for HTC m8 it would not fit in the m7 model as i can see by the pictures. Maybe someone with more experience can tell me.
Also i would be grateful if someone can give me link where to buy the omnivision sensor for HTC M7.
Consider the fact that HTC service is asking 230 euros for the repairs on the camera in Macedonia which is slightly too much for me

Dispute the quote!!

I sent my moms in, it is 6 months past the 1 year warranty. I sent it into HTC and they quoted me $200 to repair the camera. I submitted a quote dispute, and 3 days later they called me back and said due to the repair that is required, they will dismiss the quote and fix the phone for free!

HTC clearly knows they should fix this problem, they are just trying to get some people to pay for it. All you have to do is dispute the claim. They didn't even ask me a reason, but if they did I would simply reply "because this should have been part of a class action lawsuit"
Yesterday, 01:44 AM   |  #158  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbal

This:
aliexpress.com/item/Replacement-Back-Rear-Camera-Flex-Cable-Ribbon-for-HTC-One-M7-801e/1857300343

or

aliexpress.com/item/For-HTC-One-M7-801e-Back-Camera-Module-Flex-Repair-Part/1821968383.html

and this:

aliexpress.com/item/Universal-Phone-Repair-Tools-JM-OP05-LCD-Screen-Opening-Plier-Opening-Cell-Phone-for-iPhone-5/1981853143

Could be a good combo...

I bought both cameras thinking they look different from original, so might be new model. I guess these Alibaba sellers counted on it, trying to sell more, because what I received from both sellers was exactly the same camera module as original. I will leave bad feedback to both sellers for misleading images.

Finally worked up the courage today to open my phone and swap the camera module. Worked pretty well, almost no scratches at the seams and my cover hides all sides anyway, so no harm done at all. Followed Youtube video for disassembly/reassembly to make sure nothing was broken/lost/etc.

In the end, its the same sensor with slightly newer date reported in sensor file, but red tint seems a lot less than before, I hope it stays this way. I'll have to take some shots in low light over next few days to see if there is noticeable improvement. It still goes red when sensor is covered.
Yesterday, 10:17 AM   |  #159  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric123

I bought both cameras thinking they look different from original, so might be new model. I guess these Alibaba sellers counted on it, trying to sell more, because what I received from both sellers was exactly the same camera module as original. I will leave bad feedback to both sellers for misleading images.

Finally worked up the courage today to open my phone and swap the camera module. Worked pretty well, almost no scratches at the seams and my cover hides all sides anyway, so no harm done at all. Followed Youtube video for disassembly/reassembly to make sure nothing was broken/lost/etc.

In the end, its the same sensor with slightly newer date reported in sensor file, but red tint seems a lot less than before, I hope it stays this way. I'll have to take some shots in low light over next few days to see if there is noticeable improvement. It still goes red when sensor is covered.

I contacted support from etradesupply and the sensor they are selling it's the omnivision one. Already ordered one so I'll post when i change it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikola_neg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes