FORUMS

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

[GUIDE] HTC One M7 - Purple Tint Fix

Thanks Meter: 615

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
16th April 2015, 07:39 PM |#251  
Flag Maia
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeddi

Single sim

Thanks for your quick answer but my problem remains. I have the Dual Sim version with the purple ink problem, and there is no manual to open the phone, or the certain of that camera fits on it...

16th April 2015, 10:55 PM |#252  
Flag funchal
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crake

Thanks for your quick answer but my problem remains. I have the Dual Sim version with the purple ink problem, and there is no manual to open the phone, or the certain of that camera fits on it...

You can see the disassembly guide here.. its in russian but its good...
/watch?v=ajfQHjY4JOU (cant post links)
From what im seeing here... the camera looks the same... i also changed mine (single sim) yesterday and its working perfectly now...

if you need any help just ask.. im PT btw..
Last edited by Skllz; 16th April 2015 at 10:58 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Skllz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2015, 05:44 PM |#253  
Flag Central Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quick question, I just attempted this and now the touch screen isn't working, can someone tell me what cables control this??
I double checked the connections, but would like to know which ones to focus on....

EDIT:
Got it....

EDIT 2.0:
The fix didnt work, but I figured it wouldnt, it was so bad, purple haze in full light..
Ordered This from Ebay

EDIT 2.1:
Here's the numbers on the camera I received. Working great so far....
http://i.imgur.com/tgS5pgX.jpg
Last edited by Slagathor01; 16th May 2015 at 02:16 PM.
7th May 2015, 07:59 PM |#254  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
HI all,

I had to replace my screen. I had a dead digitizer on the top centimetre or so of the screen. Decided to replace the battery and try this while it was apart.

I didn't get complete success but when the phone is cool I can get normal photos in low light. This is a vast improvement over the past when everything was purple but bright light photos. Thanks for the tip!

I also found that applying steady light pressure to the various glued parts slowly separated then with no damage. The plastic pry tool and a guitar pick was all I used to open the case. Just work in the pick or pry tool enough to apply pressure then leave it for a few seconds, then work it in a little more. The glue will give slowly but you will break it if you go fast.

I replaced the full front panel so I transferred all of the parts and new battery to the new front assembly. Thanks to everyone who offered video links, they helped a lot.

Now I have a black front/silver back phone that is in factory condition. Blew my mind when the thing booted up!

Now if I could solve the noise cancel issue I'd have a like new phone.

Chris

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by Sirhcchris; 8th May 2015 at 06:45 PM.
8th May 2015, 09:01 PM |#255  
Thanks Meter: 226

More
htc is a total joke. I sent my phone into htc to fix the purple tint issue under warranty. It took about a month for them to "repair" it. I got my phone back today, not only was the purple tint not fixed, the camera doesn't even turn on anymore.

Now I have to send it back in again and wait another month.

Pathetic..
8th May 2015, 09:55 PM |#256  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I agree completely, $350 for them to fix the camera and screen digitizer In my case. I paid like $30 and the tint is gone unless of heavy use.

Htc were the best quality phones on the go a few years back. My old desire is still indestructible. The old quality just isn't there anymore. I've had 4 htc's, when this phone dies I'm moving on.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app
10th May 2015, 04:48 PM |#257  
OP Senior Member
Flag Perth

Donate to Me
More
The final update and nail on the coffin:

I have confirmed that my fix for the camera module has PERMANENTLY FIXED the two M7s that I have applied the fix to since the date of the OP (July 2014).

"But wait!", you say, "why didn't it fix my camera on my phone? You're a load of bull!"

The answer for that is in post #110. READ. THE. DAMN. THING.

Prior of you doing the fix to your phone, your camera module has already been permanently damaged and there is no other way for you to fix this but to replace it WITH A NON-DAMAGED CAMERA MODULE, OR OMNIVISION.

Let us all be clear of that!

I am lucky that I have done (thought of) this fix before getting the camera module stuffed up.

How did I know that it has fixed it permanently?

I have recorded a video in 720p (on the 3rd of May, 2015, think what it is) from one of the phones (GPe converted, official Lollipop ROM using Google Camera, same phone that I've used on the proof video on OP) that I've got the fix applied for a whopping 1 hour and 15 minutes NON-STOP! The phone heated up alright to a staggering 53 degrees Celsius (as the phone indicates). I was surprised at this stage that the phone hasn't turned itself off automatically thermally, which the phone has on. I did see a small amount of purple tint haze when I tried stopping the recording then opened the camera app again. I immediately turned it off to cool it down. Waited approx. 30 mins to turn it on. Tried it and voila, no purple tint haze. Having to encounter this, I now have a peace of mind that I wouldn't have the issue again, and very confident that it has fixed the thermal handling of the camera module.

Having to rant and vent this out, I DO NOT WANT TO SEE (hoping for humanity) anyone posting saying that this didn't work, instead, post or say that YOUR CAMERA MODULE HAS ALREADY BEEN PERMANENTLY DAMAGED prior to applying the fix!
Last edited by Skanob; 10th May 2015 at 04:53 PM.
10th May 2015, 09:55 PM |#258  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I posted this in the other pink tint camera thread but I'll post it again here

After some testing and trial and errors, I found this was the best way to place the copper tape. I had an extra defective a camera and reused it's copper.

The purple tint issue is definitely heat and hardware related. Basically in order to fix it you'll need to get a new camera and route the heat away (if you get a cinesensor module) or pick up the newer upgraded omnivision module. This mod won't work if you already have existing purple camera tint issues. Meaning you switch to the camera app for the first time and the screen is already purple. This usually means that the camera's sensor is already damaged and needs to be replaced.
11th May 2015, 02:40 AM |#259  
OP Senior Member
Flag Perth

Donate to Me
More
That's almost exactly the same about what I mentioned in the OP, the copper tape roll.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread