FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

[GUIDE] HTC One M7 - Purple Tint Fix

575 posts
Thanks Meter: 615

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
16th June 2015, 01:23 PM |#261  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartch

i also have the 801N version, and on this model the omnisvision didn't work..maybe they've send me a camera that was already broken.. i am not awaiting a omnivision from etradesupply, maybe this one will work..

You say that the camera uses other m7 shabby work?

22nd June 2015, 08:18 PM |#262  
Flag Espoo
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeHoo

Just order camera module and repair set... Let's see what happens.

Here in Finland HTC do not thinks this is within "extended" warranty and I'd like to try this myself and it seems that fighting not helps...

I bought this module: http://www.etradesupply.com/oem-htc-...ng-camera.html

And these tools: http://www.amazon.co.uk/FiveSeasonSt...I9100+S3+I9300

I had one job and other phone but after I quitted that job this came relevant again. I found one service store who changed battery & camera module for 69 €. I think it was reasonable price for knowing that they did their work (with work warranty). Now it's working like it should be!!
23rd June 2015, 11:26 PM |#263  
Flag Doral, FL
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeHoo

I had one job and other phone but after I quitted that job this came relevant again. I found one service store who changed battery & camera module for 69 €. I think it was reasonable price for knowing that they did their work (with work warranty). Now it's working like it should be!!

This problem isn't a camera module problem, is a motherboard problem, don't lose your money, changing this module cannot solve it
24th June 2015, 03:15 PM |#264  
Flag Espoo
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Sorry to say but I disagree. At least for me independent repair store just replace camera module I bought earlier and now camera working just fine.

I am not saying that it is every time like this but for me at least...

Lähetetty minun HTC One laitteesta Tapatalkilla
25th June 2015, 07:19 PM |#265  
Flag Braila
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
Hi guys, i am following this thread i will replace my camera soon by my self and i have an idea to put some thermal paste on the camera chip add on top a small square made of aluminium sheet (beer can ) thermal paste again and vrap it in coper foil.
Please some opinions about the idea.
26th June 2015, 07:19 AM |#266  
Thanks Meter: 886

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinoza23

This problem isn't a camera module problem, is a motherboard problem, don't lose your money, changing this module cannot solve it

Why are you posting incorrect information about something you have no knowledge of?

Posted using xda app in 2-D
26th June 2015, 02:53 PM |#267  
Flag Doral, FL
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by c5satellite2

Why are you posting incorrect information about something you have no knowledge of?

I bought this module and changed it, but problem is still not solved.... change the motherboard and it works well with both modules....
26th June 2015, 05:05 PM |#268  
Flag Constanţa
Thanks Meter: 543

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c5satellite2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinoza23

I bought this module and changed it, but problem is still not solved.... change the motherboard and it works well with both modules....

you are both right
Sometimes in rare cases purple tint is not solved by changing only the camera module. Sometimes motherboard needs to be changed because it gets damaged too.
2nd July 2015, 04:33 AM |#269  
Thanks Meter: 886

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusct82

you are both right
Sometimes in rare cases purple tint is not solved by changing only the camera module. Sometimes motherboard needs to be changed because it gets damaged too.

Extremely rare that the mainboard needs to be replaced. The way he stated it is very misleading and could confuse others.

3rd July 2015, 04:27 AM |#270  
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Another How-To Guide
I did this fix. I ordered a replacement camera module from etradesupply.com, which sells the preferred Omnivision version of the camera. Replacing the camera module itself wasn't too bad, but of course getting there was tricky.

After reviewing several YouTube videos on how to tear down an M7, here is the best one I found. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPkwWxX8PU8

A few things to note:

1. Use a heat gun (or hair dryer) like he does. This makes the process MUCH easier. Some may say there is no glue, only clips, holding the phone together, but as you can see from my first attached pic, there is glue, or sealant, or something that seals the phone's back casing to the screen. It comes apart much easier when you heat it first.

2. Use a correct pry tool. In the video, you can see the tech using a rather long orange pry tool. I was able to borrow one of those orange pry tools from my local Sprint store, and it works much better than the common blue pry tool compared in my second attached pic. The extra bend in the tip of the blue tool is not necessary. You can see that the orange tool is straight with just a flat-head tip. Simpler is better in this case, and the extra length of the orange tool is handy for leverage. I used my blue pry tool to finish separating the edges and around the corners, but I left the orange tool in place during in the process, just as he does in the video. In my pic of the case after separation, you can hopefully see that there is no damage to the case after using the method in the video. I would NOT recommend using a metal pry tool if you want to protect the plastic edges.

3. Be VERY careful with the volume strip. There is a flex band/strip that connects the volume rocker strip to the daughter board, and it is VERY fragile! When inserting the pry tool above the volume strip (after heating of course), make sure to get above the flex band/strip/cable (as he casually mentions), and don't put any undo pressure on it. If you shove an incorrect pry tool into that space, you could easily break the connector band (see attached pic). I made that mistake on my 'practice phone' doing this procedure, which is my old bricked phone as a result of water damage some time ago. I used the blue pry tool on my practice phone (plus I didn't heat the phone first), and I broke the flex band cable in the process. Then when working on my daily driver phone (the one on which I was doing the actual fix), I broke the flex band when peeling the volume strip off the glue/sealant/sticky backing (reference about the 4 minute mark of the video). I was doing so well up until that point! So again, be VERY careful whenever working around the volume strip. Even though I got the camera module fixed/replaced, now I have no volume control with my rocker

4. You really only need to remove the daughter board for the camera module replacement, so as others have mentioned in this thread, don't worry about removing the entire motherboard first. You only need to remove the screws/connectors, etc. around the perimeter of the daughter board, and where it connects to the mother board. So basically, you can skip the steps between minute 4:25 and 6:45 in the video. After the step ending around the 7:10 mark, you can move to the 8:00 mark where he starts to remove the daughter board. You can just pull it out from underneath the mother board. He doesn't remove/replace the camera, so you might want to look at the videos in the OP for that part of the process.

That's my two cents on this project. I really do think this video and his process for removing the back case is the best.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	glue.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	3388675   Click image for larger version

Name:	prytools.jpg
Size:	274.1 KB
ID:	3388676   Click image for larger version

Name:	case1.jpg
Size:	258.5 KB
ID:	3388677   Click image for larger version

Name:	volumeband.jpg
Size:	251.7 KB
ID:	3388678  
Last edited by jdjohn; 3rd July 2015 at 04:30 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jdjohn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread