Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

adb device not found

OP RedBlackPellet

28th July 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #1  
RedBlackPellet's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 301
 
288 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
the device is not found however I installed the drivers and I am using windows 7 I tried it with another computer and it didn't work
and it works with the recovery I want it to work to gain s-off
Last edited by RedBlackPellet; 28th July 2014 at 05:27 PM.
28th July 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #2  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 3,071
 
6,193 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackPellet

the device is not found however I installed the drivers and I am using windows 7 I tried it with another computer and it didn't work
and it works with the recovery I want it to work to gain s-off

check FAQ#2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...24&postcount=2
28th July 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #3  
RedBlackPellet's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 301
 
288 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

check FAQ#2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...24&postcount=2

I tried with different devices laptops and mobiles and I always get device not found and different adb sdks
28th July 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #4  
Seanie280672's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Halesowen
Thanks Meter: 346
 
1,169 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackPellet

I tried with different devices laptops and mobiles and I always get device not found and different adb sdks

if your booted into a rom, do you have usb debugging enabled ?

its in system, developer options, if you cant see developer options then goto about - software information - more - and tap build number 7 times, it will count down and eventually say you are now a developer, you should now see developer options in your system menu.

when you enable usb debugging and plug your phone into the computer.....eventually.....and sometimes it takes a while, you will get a pop up on your phone saying your computer wants to connect to this device, allow or deny, I suggest you allow.

if you don't get the message, then with the phone still plugged into the computer, open developer options again and disable usb debugging, then enable it again.
Last edited by Seanie280672; 28th July 2014 at 07:37 PM.
28th July 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #5  
RedBlackPellet's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 301
 
288 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanie280672

if your booted into a rom, do you have usb debugging enabled ?

its in system, developer options, if you cant see developer options then goto about - software information - more - and tap build number 7 times, it will count down and eventually say you are now a developer, you should now see developer options in your system menu.

when you enable usb debugging and plug your phone into the computer.....eventually.....and sometimes it takes a while, you will get a pop up on your phone saying your computer wants to connect to this device, allow or deny, I suggest you allow.

if you don't get the message, then with the phone still plugged into the computer, open developer options again and disable usb debugging, then enable it again.

Ofcourse i even tried different devices and cables and I always get device not found and simetimes device offline
28th July 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #6  
Seanie280672's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Halesowen
Thanks Meter: 346
 
1,169 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackPellet

Ofcourse i even tried different devices and cables and I always get device not found and simetimes device offline

im at a loss, sorry I couldn't help any further, but if its doing it with different devices, it has to be a software issue, especially as you say its working in recovery and bootloader, the only thingf I picked out from your picture is it states your adb is out of date, but you say you've tried that too, all I can suggest is you try this one.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588979

also where did you get the drivers from
The Following User Says Thank You to Seanie280672 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2014, 08:54 PM   |  #7  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 3,071
 
6,193 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackPellet

and sometimes device offline

reboot PC and phone, use a USB2 port
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #8  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,281
 
3,303 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackPellet

Ofcourse i even tried different devices and cables and I always get device not found and simetimes device offline

why are you using an adb shell to push the file? push the file using adb and then enter the shell to chmod the "ff" file (I suppose you are pushing firewater but your renamed the file to "ff" ?) And btw "adb devices" will not output your device ID from an adb shell.

Code:
adb devices
adb push ff /data/local/tmp
then
Code:
adb shell
su ---> to get a # prompt
chmod 775 /data/local/tmp/ff --> to give read/write/execute permission
/data/local/tmp/ff

The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes