Post Reply

can i backup stock recovery? sense6

9th July 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
I want backup stock recovery , but I don't know how to
9th July 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #2  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,118
 
2,895 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed blue

I want backup stock recovery , but I don't know how to

you can extract the stock recovery from the firmware package of your ota version or ruu

what is you version? (fastboot getvar all)
9th July 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

you can extract the stock recovery from the firmware package of your ota version or ruu

what is you version? (fastboot getvar all)

C:\ADB Files>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.57.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.27.3218.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:*
(bootloader) imei:*
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_u
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0711000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__038
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4259mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-e47fb74b
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
9th July 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #4  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,118
 
2,895 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed blue

C:\ADB Files>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.57.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.27.3218.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:*
(bootloader) imei:*
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_u
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0711000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__038
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4259mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-e47fb74b
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!

so you probably need the recovery.img from the 5.X.708.X firmware.zip package. There is a thread in the general section with stock recovery, maybe you can find it there.

I think you can also backup your recovery partition (mmcblk0p34) from an adb shell
I think the right command is:

Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p34 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p34.img
Better to wait for someone else to confirm this, dd commands can be dangerous if you make a mistake i.e inverting the input file and output file (if/of)
And I dont know if you can then restore recovery using this backup image.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes