Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 42,039 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

BlinkFeed - Twitter Sense Authorization pain

Tip us?

Veitchc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up BlinkFeed - Twitter Sense Authorization pain

Just posting info about an issue recently regarding Twitter and Blinkfeed on my One M7...

Issue was couldn't get rid of the Authorize HTC Sense caption for Twitter but only for Blinkfeed. Twitter app worked fine on it's own and I originally thought it was Rom related, moving from Viper (Sense 5) to InsertCoin (Sense 6) but not, it wasn't.

Tried all sorts and eventually upgraded Firmware to latest (but not 6.), backwards and forwards with Rom's/clearing caches/uninstall's etc but now running on latest InsertCoin and Blinkfeeding away on Twitter.

Posting simply because there wasn't much in the way of search results, mainly about FaceBook and similar issues, usually resolved by removing and setting up accounts again but on the whole, mixed results. I also checked Twitter APP permissions, revoking all and setting up on the phone again, permissions were showing but Blinkfeed refused to budge.

So, simply download an old version of Twitter for Android (search for old versions of Twitter .APK's). Twitter was recently auto updated by Market to 5.16 and this is the issue for Blinbkfeed so download 5.15, uninstall 5.16, install 5.15 and stop any auto-updates for now (or break Market link?).

Hope it helps some of you!

Veitchc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb Update

It's worth noting that if you've already authorized Sense for Twitter on Blinkfeed then you should be ok updating Twitter from the Market to any version....that seems logical from my findings