Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,207 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked. Boot Loop. No Data in SD Card.

Tip us?

Gunny007
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Bricked. Boot Loop. No Data in SD Card.

Hi guys,

I seem to have a problem

So I was running 4.4.2 with Sense 5.5 on my phone. Vodafone (my phone company in Aus) sent out an OTA update for my phone. I'd already rooted my phone and had a custom recovery, so I knew I wasn't able to install it without going back to stock. So I tried following the procedure to go back to stock. Used 'Guru_Reset_M7_2.24.980.2' to do it and it seemed to work pretty well. It was 4.3, so I did an OTA, first one (like a 3mb file) installed fine, then the second one for 4.4.2 Sense 5.5 downloaded and installed, but not it is stuck in a boot loop. So I tried to do a factory reset from the bootloader which sent it back into the bootloop, then as nothing was working, I thought I'd install the custom recovery (TWRP) and install the ROM again and just leave it at that so at least I have a phone. Only problem is I had to unlock the bootloader again which wiped everything on the internal storage. And I'm stuck.

There's nothing in the internal memory. It's stuck in a bootloop after an OTA. I have TWRP installed as my recovery. I can access both recovery and bootloader.
Any idea's?

Also, for some reason, I can't download or access anything from this website; http://ww35.bugsylawson.com/ which I've seen used in multiple places to try and unbrick your phone

Thanks all!

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 838

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny007 View Post
Hi guys,

I seem to have a problem

So I was running 4.4.2 with Sense 5.5 on my phone. Vodafone (my phone company in Aus) sent out an OTA update for my phone. I'd already rooted my phone and had a custom recovery, so I knew I wasn't able to install it without going back to stock. So I tried following the procedure to go back to stock. Used 'Guru_Reset_M7_2.24.980.2' to do it and it seemed to work pretty well. It was 4.3, so I did an OTA, first one (like a 3mb file) installed fine, then the second one for 4.4.2 Sense 5.5 downloaded and installed, but not it is stuck in a boot loop. So I tried to do a factory reset from the bootloader which sent it back into the bootloop, then as nothing was working, I thought I'd install the custom recovery (TWRP) and install the ROM again and just leave it at that so at least I have a phone. Only problem is I had to unlock the bootloader again which wiped everything on the internal storage. And I'm stuck.

There's nothing in the internal memory. It's stuck in a bootloop after an OTA. I have TWRP installed as my recovery. I can access both recovery and bootloader.
Any idea's?

Also, for some reason, I can't download or access anything from this website; http://ww35.bugsylawson.com/ which I've seen used in multiple places to try and unbrick your phone

Thanks all!
instructions
Quote:
Unlock the bootloader at HTCDEV
then from fastboot USB
Flash recovery TWRP 2.6.3.3
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7

fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

then sideload this Rom to your phone
http://www.androidrevolution.org/dow...D-One_31.6.zip

TWRP / Advanced / ADB Sideload - swipe to sideload
From PC adb / fastboot folder
you use
adb sideload name-of-rom.zip

make sure the rom is in the same folder as adb / fastboot
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gunny007
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
instructions
Will this enable me to go fully back to stock and perform OTA updates, or is this just a way to get me out of a rut?

Thanks for the help by the way, currently in the process of doing the sideload.

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 838

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Will this enable me to go fully back to stock and perform OTA updates, or is this just a way to get me out of a rut?

Thanks for the help by the way, currently in the process of doing the sideload.
your just flashing a rom ...nothing to do with getting updates
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

Gunny007
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
your just flashing a rom ...nothing to do with getting updates
Thanks for the help man, I tried doing an ADB before I posted this and it didn't work for some reason, but when I used this ROM, worked perfectly fine. Just updated to 71.1 just then as well, so now phones working a-okay. Thanks again man!
The Following User Says Thank You to Gunny007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 838

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks for the help man, I tried doing an ADB before I posted this and it didn't work for some reason, but when I used this ROM, worked perfectly fine. Just updated to 71.1 just then as well, so now phones working a-okay. Thanks again man!
Good to here
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

Tags
bootloader, bootloop, bricked, htc, ota