TWRP 2.8.3.0 Available for Supported Devices

The TeamWin Recovery Project (or TWRP, for short) has quickly become one of the most popular … more

Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Bricked HTC One M7 after attempting to restore to stock using YouTube video guide

OP TexMachina

23rd August 2014, 09:53 PM   |  #11  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,271

4,645 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMachina

I appreciate all the help and I don't want to appear difficult but when I run the adb sideload Guru_Reset_M7_5.12.502.2_clsA.zip with the rom in the same folder adb simply refuses to recognize the sideload command. It spits back the help menu and I can't find sideload in said menu.

edit: I am using adb push to place the rom on the phones /sdcard directory and I am gong to use TWRP to install while in recovery mode. The copy is taking a while so if this is going to brick my phone let me know.

edit 2: now I don;t think I want to do this. The online resource don't mention anything specifically about installing a ROM using this method.

your doing fine ..what was the error and why is sideload not in your version of TWRP ?

Is this the same resource that suggested flashing a TWRP recovery file with fastboot ? ... trust me you in good hands now ..just push the rom and flash it

during install choose no to install stock recovery and yes to Root the phone.
unless of coarse you want a stock unrooted phone
Last edited by clsA; 23rd August 2014 at 09:55 PM.
23rd August 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

your doing fine ..what was the error and why is sideload not in your version of TWRP ?

Is this the same resource that suggested flashing a TWRP recovery file with fastboot ? ... trust me you in good hands now ..just push the rom and flash it

during install choose no to install stock recovery and yes to Root the phone.
unless of coarse you want a stock unrooted phone

I didn't realize the thread went to page 2. I thought you just dropped off the tread.

Sideload is in TWRP but it does ask for a password. I loaded TWRP 2.6.3.0 and it doesn't ask for a password.

I am pushing the Guru_Reset_M7_5.12.502.2_clsA.zip to /sdcard again. I will try the install once it is there.
23rd August 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #13  
Flag Central Florida

4,645 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I didn't realize the thread went to page 2. I thought you just dropped off the tread.

Sideload is in TWRP but it does ask for a password. I loaded TWRP 2.6.3.0 and it doesn't ask for a password.

I am pushing the Guru_Reset_M7_5.12.502.2_clsA.zip to /sdcard again. I will try the install once it is there.

I can't tell you if TWRP 2.6.3.0 will work with the Guru Reset ..it's very old and untested

if you saw a password in TWRP 2.6.3.3 you just swipe to make it go away
24th August 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:

I can't tell you if TWRP 2.6.3.0 will work with the Guru Reset ..it's very old and untested

if you saw a password in TWRP 2.6.3.3 you just swipe to make it go away

I loaded TWRP 2.6.3.3 again and I have to hit cancel to get past the password. I then can go to ADB Sideload but it always says Failed at the top while the only thing in the terminal window is Updating partition details.

I loaded TWRP 2.7.1.1 and was able to load up ADB Sideload and attempt a sideload from HTC One Tools which uses adb 1.0.31. I still get a syntax error when trying to use sidelaod from the command line.

It got as far as 77% before failing with this error message

sending: 'sideload' 77%
* failed to write data 'protocol fault (no status)' *

I also keep getting unable to mount /data and unable to mount internal storage errors on the TWRP ADB Sideload terminal.

I need to quit for the night. It seems like I am getting closer to a solution though.

I'll use the backup flip phone and I'll just have to talk to people while out tonight I guess. Thanks for your help.
24th August 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #15  
Flag Central Florida

4,645 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I loaded TWRP 2.6.3.3 again and I have to hit cancel to get past the password. I then can go to ADB Sideload but it always says Failed at the top while the only thing in the terminal window is Updating partition details.

I loaded TWRP 2.7.1.1 and was able to load up ADB Sideload and attempt a sideload from HTC One Tools which uses adb 1.0.31. I still get a syntax error when trying to use sidelaod from the command line.

I also keep getting unable to mount /data and unable to mount internal storage errors on the TWRP ADB Sideload terminal.

I need to quit for the night. It seems like I am getting closer to a solution though.

I'll use the backup flip phone and I'll just have to talk to people while out tonight I guess. Thanks for your help.

Yeah have a great night.

When you get back >>
Is you phone sdcard full ?
have you done factory reset and or format data partition in TWRP?

If it's too full to push / sideload a rom.
TWRP does have a file manager feature you may need to free up space using it. adb 1.0.31 is the version i use all the time... never an issue.

you would get mounting errors if the partitions were formatted or erased...it's ok the new rom recreates them
Last edited by clsA; 24th August 2014 at 03:44 AM.
24th August 2014, 11:05 AM   |  #16  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 3,118

6,276 posts
More
Quote:

Point D here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=21
25th August 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #17  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Talking
Quote:

Yeah have a great night.

When you get back >>
Is you phone sdcard full ?
have you done factory reset and or format data partition in TWRP?

If it's too full to push / sideload a rom.
TWRP does have a file manager feature you may need to free up space using it. adb 1.0.31 is the version i use all the time... never an issue.

you would get mounting errors if the partitions were formatted or erased...it's ok the new rom recreates them

That final instruction did it. With the partitions cleared I was able to sideload the ROM and it installed without issue in from TWRP 2.7.1.1

Thanks for all the help.
25th August 2014, 01:35 AM   |  #18  
Flag Central Florida

4,645 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

That final instruction did it. With the partitions cleared I was able to sideload the ROM and it installed without issue in from TWRP 2.7.1.1

Thanks for all the help.

Great !! Thank you !

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cyanogenmod11, htc one m7 att
Previous Thread Next Thread