Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

Call History full of 'unknown' blank numbers

OP Ben-B

26th August 2014, 12:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

102 posts
I've been using the One for a few months, it's running the latest, unmodified OS.

Yesterday I noticed the call history is full of 'Unknown' blank numbers. To clarify - I take a call, when I finish the call enters the history as a blank entry, with name 'Unknown, and NO NUMBER showing for the call.
Looking through the list, it's happened to most incoming calls.

It never used to do this until yesterday.
I'm wondering what's changed! Why would it start to do this?

Any help appreciated!
26th August 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #2  
Flag Jaipur
Thanks Meter: 368

1,403 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben-B

I've been using the One for a few months, it's running the latest, unmodified OS.

Yesterday I noticed the call history is full of 'Unknown' blank numbers. To clarify - I take a call, when I finish the call enters the history as a blank entry, with name 'Unknown, and NO NUMBER showing for the call.
Looking through the list, it's happened to most incoming calls.

It never used to do this until yesterday.
I'm wondering what's changed! Why would it start to do this?

Any help appreciated!

backup your contacts export to phone storage
Clear following app data phone, contacts storage , people
Now reboot phone
Import your contact back
28th August 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

102 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yatindroid

backup your contacts export to phone storage
Clear following app data phone, contacts storage , people
Now reboot phone
Import your contact back

Thanks Yatindroid, I tried all that, but the first call I made it happened again. A true record of the call in the history, and alongside it a blank verson
8th September 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Post Unknown Caller ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben-B

Thanks Yatindroid, I tried all that, but the first call I made it happened again. A true record of the call in the history, and alongside it a blank verson

which android version you are having ?? if it is 4.4.2 u will not face this Unknown ID issue.

only the 4.4.3 update made issues for caller ID which doesn't recognize the country code of that related country service provider. when you remove the country code it will show the correct ID but then the Viber/Whatsapp/Line will not recognize the number without the Complete phone number.

you can by pass this by going the Gmail > Settings > Phone numbers: Default country code: "put a country you will never visit"
8th September 2014, 01:28 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

102 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadun_don

which android version you are having ?? if it is 4.4.2 u will not face this Unknown ID issue.

only the 4.4.3 update made issues for caller ID which doesn't recognize the country code of that related country service provider. when you remove the country code it will show the correct ID but then the Viber/Whatsapp/Line will not recognize the number without the Complete phone number.

you can by pass this by going the Gmail > Settings > Phone numbers: Default country code: "put a country you will never visit"

Thanks for the responses guys - I actauly fixed this yesterday, but thinking what it was I recently installed when this started... and uninstalling it! It was the Klick app (Cheap eBay version of the 'Pressy' Button!)
Uninstalled it and now it behaves fine.

BTW The Klick button is sort of OK, you can set it to launch an app, ie the camera, but intuitively then you expect it to also operate the camera, which it doesn't. Plus setting it to operate even when the screen is locked (as you would probably want, for instant-access) of course means I was always finding I'd knocked it.

So a good idea, but not really that functional. plus caused a glitch with my phone history!
1st October 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #6  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
More
Also HTC headset fix app causes it in 4.4.3 - it adds empty number socdouble click doesn't recall on headphones!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread