Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,274 Members 38,975 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Point Cloud from HTC One M8

Tip us?

BudSchmidt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Point Cloud from HTC One M8

Does anyone know how to build a 3D point cloud with data from the dual cameras on a HTC One M8? In my program, I call DimensionPlusUtility.exportGeometryFromFile() to get a Geometry object. I can then call getVertices() on the Geometry object to get a float array containing apparently (x, y, z, w) tuples. What are the units of x, y, and z? x and y are in [-1, 1], and z is in [0, 1]. The dynamic range of z-values seems small for my images (usually between 0.85 and 1). Is there a way to convert these values to metric units? Has anyone had to calibrate the stereo pair?

majmoz
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudSchmidt View Post
Does anyone know how to build a 3D point cloud with data from the dual cameras on a HTC One M8? In my program, I call DimensionPlusUtility.exportGeometryFromFile() to get a Geometry object. I can then call getVertices() on the Geometry object to get a float array containing apparently (x, y, z, w) tuples. What are the units of x, y, and z? x and y are in [-1, 1], and z is in [0, 1]. The dynamic range of z-values seems small for my images (usually between 0.85 and 1). Is there a way to convert these values to metric units? Has anyone had to calibrate the stereo pair?
You may have better luck in the HTC One M8 forum rather than the HTC One M7 forum.