Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 54,382 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone is Locked - HELP!

Tip us?

Magician_rd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Phone is Locked - HELP!

Hi,

I have recently put up a password lock on my HTC One to avoid my kids going on my phone due to the fact I had important phone calls coming.
I have forgotten the password for the device and I have tried over 40 times literally as the phone shows me a message with how many times I tried.

I have the gmail and password of the google account which is registered to this device but it does not give me an option to recover phone from my google account even though I have tried over 40 times. Is there a way where I could get into my phone as I do not want to lose my important settings and etc. on my phone.

I am not sure why it does not let me recover my phone using my Google Account as my other phones do.

Thanks!

majmoz
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magician_rd View Post
Hi,

I have recently put up a password lock on my HTC One to avoid my kids going on my phone due to the fact I had important phone calls coming.
I have forgotten the password for the device and I have tried over 40 times literally as the phone shows me a message with how many times I tried.

I have the gmail and password of the google account which is registered to this device but it does not give me an option to recover phone from my google account even though I have tried over 40 times. Is there a way where I could get into my phone as I do not want to lose my important settings and etc. on my phone.

I am not sure why it does not let me recover my phone using my Google Account as my other phones do.

Thanks!
Check out post #18 & #19, it may be a possible solution to your problem. Good luck!