FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Unhappy [Q] Bricked Phone - Save Photos/Videos? (Stock Everything, No Root)

2nd September 2014, 02:06 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hey,

I have a AT&T HTC-One, all stock with locked bootloader.

Currently, stuck in boot loop where if you turn on the phone - it will just keep rebooting itself over and over until the battery drains. Only way to shut off would be to boot into bootloader and power down.

I could care less about fixing the phone at this point. But I have lots of pictures that I would rather not lose.

I searched around and tried to flash TWRP recovery in order to mount the sd card to my PC. However TWRP failed to flash since my boot loader is locked. I can unlock the bootloader but I will lose all my data.

Is there any way I can salvage data off my phone? Any help will be appreciated.
 
 
2nd September 2014, 02:22 AM |#2  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,685
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashens

Hey,

I have a AT&T HTC-One, all stock with locked bootloader.

Currently, stuck in boot loop where if you turn on the phone - it will just keep rebooting itself over and over until the battery drains. Only way to shut off would be to boot into bootloader and power down.

I could care less about fixing the phone at this point. But I have lots of pictures that I would rather not lose.

I searched around and tried to flash TWRP recovery in order to mount the sd card to my PC. However TWRP failed to flash since my boot loader is locked. I can unlock the bootloader but I will lose all my data.

Is there any way I can salvage data off my phone? Any help will be appreciated.

did you try fastboot erase cache

Extract the zip below to c:\
then from c:\fastboot - right click - command prompt here
in the command windowtype
fastboot devices
your device serial no will be here
then
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot

hopefully your phone will reboot on it's own

Your case reminds me why I unlock and flash custom recovery the first day I get a new phone. Backups !!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fastboot.zip - [Click for QR Code] (542.6 KB, 5 views)
2nd September 2014, 02:31 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

did you try fastboot erase cache

Extract the zip below to c:\
then from c:\fastboot - right click - command prompt here
in the command windowtype
fastboot devices
your device serial no will be here
then
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot

hopefully your phone will reboot on it's own

Your case reminds me why I unlock and flash custom recovery the first day I get a new phone. Backups !!

Thank you for the quick reply.

Yes, just tried it and still no dice. Reboot still puts it back into the bootloop.

...definitely lesson learned.
2nd September 2014, 02:40 AM |#4  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,685
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashens

Thank you for the quick reply.

Yes, just tried it and still no dice. Reboot still puts it back into the bootloop.

...definitely lesson learned.

sorry to here that ... unfortunately everything else will be destructive... but your phone may be savable
If you want to proceed post your fastboot getvar all results minus your serial no and IMEI and I'll help you get the phone going again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes