Corrupted TWRP, red triangle when entering recovery

OP Dani84

2nd September 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
So I'm having a hard time here LOL.

I come from a soft brick and after some issues I got my m7_ul back to stock, which is great as it is alive again Now I want to flash a decent ROM, I have thought about ViperOne. However my TWRP 2.7.1.1 seems corrupted, I can't even enter it and I have had a couple of scary moments as the phone won't boot to system. Finally pressing the power button for like 30 seconds did the job and it booted to system. Stock ROM sucks but it is better than a brick haha.

My phone is international m7_ul, my HBOOT is 1.44 and I have Tampered and Unlocked labels, not sure what should I do exactly. Just want the basic strategy to get my custom ROM running and later on I will add a soundmod but that should be easier.
Last edited by Dani84; 2nd September 2014 at 12:35 AM.
2nd September 2014, 12:41 AM   |  #2  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,093

4,052 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani84

So I'm having a hard time here LOL.

I come from a soft brick and after some issues I got my m7_ul back to stock, which is great as it is alive again Now I want to flash a decent ROM, I have thought about ViperOne. However my TWRP 2.7.1.1 seems corrupted, I can't even enter it and I have had a couple of scary moments as the phone won't boot to system. Finally pressing the power button for like 30 seconds did the job and it booted to system. Stock ROM sucks but it is better than a brick haha.

My phone is international m7_ul, my HBOOT is 1.44 and I have Tampered and Unlocked labels, not sure what should I do exactly. Just want the basic strategy to get my custom ROM running and later on I will add a soundmod but that should be easier.

If you returned to stock you have re flash custom recovery

Quote:

Unlock the bootloader at HTCDEV
then from fastboot USB
Flash recovery TWRP 2.6.3.3
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7ul

fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 09:49 AM   |  #3  
Flag Area 51
Thanks Meter: 195

572 posts
More
Suggest re-download, the re-flash TWRP, flash in fastboot fastboot flash recovery <name of recovery.img> and then fastboot erase cache, this should allow you to enter recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to scifitrekkie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
wow that was fast thanks, problem solved, I'm now running TWRP 2.6.3.4

so now I just place the desired ROM flash it, wipe dalvik and cache, and voila, right? will try to find if viperone is compatible with m7ul, I had a problem with ARHD 71.1
2nd September 2014, 02:09 PM   |  #5  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,093

4,052 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani84

wow that was fast thanks, problem solved, I'm now running TWRP 2.6.3.4

so now I just place the desired ROM flash it, wipe dalvik and cache, and voila, right? will try to find if viperone is compatible with m7ul, I had a problem with ARHD 71.1

They will both work great with your current recovery installed
The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread