CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Cyanogenmod, lost contacts, messages etc

OP SGSII_LEDnotify

17th August 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
Hi all,

I wanted to give cyanogenmod a go as I really liked the security guard idea so I used the HTC sync manager to backup my contacts and messages and set about getting cyanogen installed.
All went to plan (pretty much) until I tried to retrieve my contacts etc. I didn't realize the Sync Manager was dependant on Sense which obviously isn't there anymore so the phone won't sync with the software.

What can I do?

I think I can revert to stock if I can find an image and then retrieve the contacts, is there then another way to back everything up?

I hope you can help because my phone's looking very empty and sorry for itself

Thanks
17th August 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #2  
Flag San Juan

1 posts
More
Sync your contacts with google and back up your messages with an app from the play store. I use SMS Backup and Restore.
17th August 2014, 05:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Thanks, do I need to 'de-root' my phone or can I install a stock image? Would I get this image from HTC?
17th August 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
I went into bootloader and clockworkmod to try and restore the original rom from there, does cyanogen not make a backup of the previous rom?
18th August 2014, 01:38 AM   |  #5  
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,567

14,946 posts
Donate to Me
More
No ROM makes a backup before it Flashs that is up to you to do yourself. You will have to flash a stock based ROM.
18th August 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Thanks for the reply. I did a bit of reading before installing and CM seemed like a quick and easy option to get the job done and try an alternative ROM. I even said over on their forum that I had backed up using the Sync Manager and no one thought to mention that I wouldn't be able to restore any data. No one said make sure you take an image yourself because CM won't do it for you.

And to top it all off I'm not that happy with CM, the battery life is atrocious.

Ah regrets!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread