Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,274 Members 38,649 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Downgrading TWRP

Tip us?

streits
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Downgrading TWRP

I have TWRP 2.7.1.1 installed on my M7 but would like to downgrade to TWRP 2.6.3.3, is it safe to flash the new recovery image with fastboot and will the backups I made with 2.7.1.1 be backwards compatible with 2.6.3.3?

The reason I want to do this is to re-flash the new modified firmware on my device so it displays properly in the bootloader screen and because 2.6.3.3 reads all of the partitions properly.

Thanks.

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 963

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by streits View Post
I have TWRP 2.7.1.1 installed on my M7 but would like to downgrade to TWRP 2.6.3.3, is it safe to flash the new recovery image with fastboot and will the backups I made with 2.7.1.1 be backwards compatible with 2.6.3.3?

The reason I want to do this is to re-flash the new modified firmware on my device so it displays properly in the bootloader screen and because 2.6.3.3 reads all of the partitions properly.

Thanks.
Sure everything will work just fine
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

streits
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
Sure everything will work just fine
Appreciate it. I have already flashed back to 2.6.3.3 and reflashed firmware to get the OS to show up in the bootloader. Worked perfectly.