Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Finally got round to S-OFF but would like help with next steps please..

OP wingnutta

2nd September 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Leigh
Thanks Meter: 13

177 posts
Hey all,

I am happy with all things rooting/flashing etc... been doing it for years. Problem is when i change my phone i usually go for a different make thus need to learn all new procedures. I rooted my HTC ONE with no issues, and i have been upgrading my TWRP with flashable zips.... Alas now i need to do more to get phone uptodate with firmwares etc...

Today i finally got round to S-OFF my phone (i am on 1.54 HBOOT) and all is good. I would like to upgrade the firmware and HBOOT to newer ones simply because i feel i need to now. Reason being - i am so many firmwares behind now the new ones have got to improve my phone (Some areas my reception is rubbish if not non existant!!). I need to update my TWRP to 2.7.1.x too as the new Viperone ROM wont install on 2.6.3.3...

So i was going to install https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...pIH-fU/pubhtml the latest file from here - 18.08.2014 6.09.401.5 http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712458599
c650f37bde1ef869ed1218c23047fafb m7_ul TWRP 2.7.1.1 but i wanted to double check that im ok to do so and its the right file??? This i presume from what i have read will update the firmware/radio and latest TWRP with stock HBOOT of 1.57??

Can anyone just clarify if this is right please before i go ahead... If i should do the HBOOT/firmware/twrp all seperate thats fine... just wanted the advice first from more knowledgeable people!!!

And... if it is right - should i reflash the ROM i am on after or as its a no-wipe it should boot ok??

Im really sorry if its a simple answer. but i just cant get a definitive one from all the threads i have read - plus some mention MID and CID which i was hoping i wouldnt have to touch really if i can help it...

Really do appreciate any help here... sorry for the long post...

ps i am currently running ViperONE 6.2.1 if that makes a difference..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread