[Q] flashing rom s-on

OP dirtrider129

18th July 2014, 05:56 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 4

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtrider129

I was getting s-off because I was told to get s-off so I could flash the 3.17 ruu to update my hboot/ touchscreen drivers and radio before flashing viper, which I figured so viper would run smoother. I'm a noob just getting into modding. I have a AT&T HTC one running on crickets new gsm network and since I can't get OTAs I first wanted to just get up to 4.4 and sense 6 but then I figured I'd just go custom Rom.

It is not mandatory to S-Off to flash a rom. Your rom will anyway work in a good way.
The Following User Says Thank You to coolshritz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

skip the stock recovery step .. after your s-off you can flash the RUU even unlocked... your flashing the RUU to get your hboot / touch screen drivers and radio more up to date.

Well after failing with revone, rumrunner, and firewater I went ahead and flashed viper, and everything was fine. I can't help be bugged by the fact that you told me to get s-off and flash that ruu to get the updated radio and touchscreen drivers, I read that I need a 4.2 Rom to get revone to work so I am gonna give it another try. I tried running firewater with ARHD and it said that it had an anti-firewater patch. So I am just curious as to what the importance of having the updated hboot, radio, and touchscreen drivers. I just feel like I should still get it done since u told me not to skip that step, not to mention later on down the line when I get more familiar with all of this dev and modding stuff I might want to do other things that require a-off. Thanks for all your help and info . Before I continue with it I made a backup of viper with the setting and themes I've set up, after I get s-off and flash the ruu, should I 're-flash the Rom or can I restore my backup with out changing any of the updated software, I didn't think the Rom would have anything to do with it but I just wanna make sure. Thanks
31st July 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #13  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,081

3,992 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtrider129

Well after failing with revone, rumrunner, and firewater I went ahead and flashed viper, and everything was fine. I can't help be bugged by the fact that you told me to get s-off and flash that ruu to get the updated radio and touchscreen drivers, I read that I need a 4.2 Rom to get revone to work so I am gonna give it another try. I tried running firewater with ARHD and it said that it had an anti-firewater patch. So I am just curious as to what the importance of having the updated hboot, radio, and touchscreen drivers. I just feel like I should still get it done since u told me not to skip that step, not to mention later on down the line when I get more familiar with all of this dev and modding stuff I might want to do other things that require a-off. Thanks for all your help and info . Before I continue with it I made a backup of viper with the setting and themes I've set up, after I get s-off and flash the ruu, should I 're-flash the Rom or can I restore my backup with out changing any of the updated software, I didn't think the Rom would have anything to do with it but I just wanna make sure. Thanks

you can restore your backup with the new firmware

for firewater you needed ARHD + ElementalX kernel
it mark just fine with the ViperOne rom also

Revone only works on hboot 1.44 and android 4.1.2 and/or 4.2.2
The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th August 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
Tutorial
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

you can restore your backup with the new firmware

for firewater you needed ARHD + ElementalX kernel
it mark just fine with the ViperOne rom also

Revone only works on hboot 1.44 and android 4.1.2 and/or 4.2.2

Do you think firewater will work with viper+Elemental X kernel? If I used the same guide as with ARHD. I tried to s-off with revone by flashing a 4.2.2 viper Rom but I lost all signal and service, so I restored my backup. Also I was wondering since I'm running the 3.17 ruu to update radio and stuff , should I use the 4.18 ruu since its newer? Thanks again for all the help.

UPDATE: Well ran firewater since coudnt get revone to work , took all of like 45 seconds and it said device is s-off. Couldn't believe it after all the trouble I've had.Awesome!
Last edited by dirtrider129; 5th August 2014 at 08:13 PM. Reason: edit
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread