Ask a question

No registration required

In need of guidance

OP Leather Sock

15th August 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

46 posts
Alright so, I returned my HTC One into HTC for repair and will be receiving my replacement on Monday. I haven't unlocked the bootloader/rooted/picked a recovery since the first month I bought it in July 2013. Is there any new methods or recommended methods to do all of this now?

I remember before I sent my device in, I was using old software I think. I never updated the "hboot", "radio", "firmware", etc so I'm hoping I can do all of that this time around so my HTC One preforms to the best of it's capabilities. If that's necessary anyway.

There's SO many guides on XDA I just don't know which is the general "best" option nowadays. Can someone link me to the newer versions or even the old ones if they are what's still best? As well as the better recovery? Is it still TWRP?

Also, I hear that if you run OTA updates with a new HTC One and bring it up to date, it makes it harder to go through the process? Is that true?
15th August 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 16

208 posts
More
With the latest hboot , I believe 1.57 it's difficult to achieve s-off, but other then that everything has remained the same. As far as recovery goes, some roms specifically require TWRP but the 2.7 series causes some issues so most people are sticking with 2.6.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2365506 solid guide right here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ajxx16 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th August 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajxx16

With the latest hboot , I believe 1.57 it's difficult to achieve s-off, but other then that everything has remained the same. As far as recovery goes, some roms specifically require TWRP but the 2.7 series causes some issues so most people are sticking with 2.6.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

What is the difference between 1.54 and 1.57 hboot? Well, I think I was using 1.54 on my phone. Or was it 1.44? Whichever. What's the difference between hboots?
15th August 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajxx16

Also, what about the root program to use? I know Omni requires SuperSU, but I'm used to Superuser. Which should I pick? Does everything work with SuperSU or?
15th August 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 16

208 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather Sock

What is the difference between 1.54 and 1.57 hboot? Well, I think I was using 1.54 on my phone. Or was it 1.44? Whichever. What's the difference between hboots?

I don't really know what difference there are between them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather Sock

Also, what about the root program to use? I know Omni requires SuperSU, but I'm used to Superuser. Which should I pick? Does everything work with SuperSU or?

Either will work fine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread