- If using the default install location for the SDK:
- If using the default install location of Minimal ADB and FASTBOOT:
Code:cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot
- Or hold left shift + right click a blank space inside the folder where adb and fastboot are located and select ''Open command window here'' from the contextual menu.
- Make sure the recovery.img file is in the same folder where adb and fastboot are located
- reboot phone in bootloader mode
- Flash the recovery:
Code:fastboot flash recovery name_of_recovery.img fastboot erase cache fastboot reboot-bootloader
originally from @nkk71: [GUIDE] [02-MAR-2014] nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
follow the below instructions to fix
Open "Device Manager" -> select the unknown "One" -> right-click -> "Update Driver Software ..." -> "Browse my computer" -> "Let me pick" -> "Android USB Devices" -> select "My HTC ..." -> install that
just in case, HTC Drivers can be found here: [Drivers] HTC Drivers for Windows - Several Versions (credits to @mdmower)
though you should already have them since you have been using your phone anyways
for those who like a visual guide:
okay so I did a fastboot boot command, and as you can see it didnt install correct driver
Open "Device Manager"
there's the culprit
right click and Update Driver Software
select Browse my computer for driver software
select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
select Android USB Devices
select My HTC ... (if you have more than one version, choose the latest)
warning, select Yes
now it looks better
and can confirm:
Code:C:\ADB3>adb devices List of devices attached HTxxxxxxxxxx recovery
- If phone is booted in OS:
Code:adb reboot recovery
- if not booted or bootlooping, hold power button + volume down until phone boot in bootloader mode
then select BOOTLOADER then RECOVERY using volume up/down to navigate and power button to select.
adb push name_of_rom.zip /sdcard/
Or hold left shift + right click a blank space inside the folder where adb and fastboot are located and select ''Open command window here'' from the contextual menu.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|