FORUMS

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Need help with firmware 6.13.707.1

78 posts
Thanks Meter: 53
 
By wlteh, Member on 24th August 2014, 01:05 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
G'day all,

I'm from Malaysia and the latest firmware has just been released which is the 6.13.707.1 and I've found a link to download this firmware here. However, I understand that flashing firmwares may cause the sdcard to be wiped. I'm hoping someone could give me a pointer on how to mod or remove any components in this firmware zip to avoid it from wiping the sdcard before I flash it. Thanks!
 
 
24th August 2014, 01:18 PM |#2  
darkarvan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
HI there,

just remove all dzdata* files from firmware.zip.
The Following User Says Thank You to darkarvan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 01:38 PM |#3  
ckpv5's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 11,959
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlteh

G'day all,

I'm from Malaysia and the latest firmware has just been released which is the 6.13.707.1 and I've found a link to download this firmware here. However, I understand that flashing firmwares may cause the sdcard to be wiped. I'm hoping someone could give me a pointer on how to mod or remove any components in this firmware zip to avoid it from wiping the sdcard before I flash it. Thanks!

That's only the untouched firmware that I uploaded for those who want to revert to original firmware after he flashed a modded firmware like the one with removed red text warning. And it won't wipe your sdcard.

What actually you want to achieve ? If it is to update your ROM to 4.4.3, this won't work.
If you plan to update the firmware only then use a custom 4.4.3 ROM, then this should be ok.

See this if your intention is to update to Stock 4.4.3 ROM : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=7644
Last edited by ckpv5; 24th August 2014 at 01:46 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ckpv5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 02:39 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkarvan

HI there,

just remove all dzdata* files from firmware.zip.

Thanks I'll give it a try.
24th August 2014, 02:41 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckpv5

That's only the untouched firmware that I uploaded for those who want to revert to original firmware after he flashed a modded firmware like the one with removed red text warning. And it won't wipe your sdcard.

What actually you want to achieve ? If it is to update your ROM to 4.4.3, this won't work.
If you plan to update the firmware only then use a custom 4.4.3 ROM, then this should be ok.

See this if your intention is to update to Stock 4.4.3 ROM : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=7644

Thanks a lot for the firmware bro! I'm currently on a custom 4.4.3 ROM and I'd like to update the firmware to 6.13.707.1 which is the closest to our country.
24th August 2014, 02:50 PM |#6  
ckpv5's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 11,959
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlteh

Thanks a lot for the firmware bro! I'm currently on a custom 4.4.3 ROM and I'd like to update the firmware to 6.13.707.1 which is the closest to our country.

I see ... if that's the case remove the boot.img and recovery.img from the firmware.zip so you don't have to reflash custom recovery and kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to ckpv5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 02:53 PM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckpv5

I see ... if that's the case remove the boot.img and recovery.img from the firmware.zip so you don't have to reflash custom recovery and kernel.

Thank you very much, really appreciate it!
The Following User Says Thank You to wlteh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes