Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 38,681 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help with firmware 6.13.707.1

Tip us?

wlteh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Default Need help with firmware 6.13.707.1

G'day all,

I'm from Malaysia and the latest firmware has just been released which is the 6.13.707.1 and I've found a link to download this firmware here. However, I understand that flashing firmwares may cause the sdcard to be wiped. I'm hoping someone could give me a pointer on how to mod or remove any components in this firmware zip to avoid it from wiping the sdcard before I flash it. Thanks!
HTC One
ROM: ARHD 81.0
Kernel: Kangaroo kk027_443

darkarvan
Old
Thanks Meter 22
HI there,

just remove all dzdata* files from firmware.zip.
The Following User Says Thank You to darkarvan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ckpv5
Old
(Last edited by ckpv5; 24th August 2014 at 01:46 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8,825

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlteh View Post
G'day all,

I'm from Malaysia and the latest firmware has just been released which is the 6.13.707.1 and I've found a link to download this firmware here. However, I understand that flashing firmwares may cause the sdcard to be wiped. I'm hoping someone could give me a pointer on how to mod or remove any components in this firmware zip to avoid it from wiping the sdcard before I flash it. Thanks!
That's only the untouched firmware that I uploaded for those who want to revert to original firmware after he flashed a modded firmware like the one with removed red text warning. And it won't wipe your sdcard.

What actually you want to achieve ? If it is to update your ROM to 4.4.3, this won't work.
If you plan to update the firmware only then use a custom 4.4.3 ROM, then this should be ok.

See this if your intention is to update to Stock 4.4.3 ROM : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=7644
The Following User Says Thank You to ckpv5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wlteh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkarvan View Post
HI there,

just remove all dzdata* files from firmware.zip.
Thanks I'll give it a try.
HTC One

wlteh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckpv5 View Post
That's only the untouched firmware that I uploaded for those who want to revert to original firmware after he flashed a modded firmware like the one with removed red text warning. And it won't wipe your sdcard.

What actually you want to achieve ? If it is to update your ROM to 4.4.3, this won't work.
If you plan to update the firmware only then use a custom 4.4.3 ROM, then this should be ok.

See this if your intention is to update to Stock 4.4.3 ROM : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=7644
Thanks a lot for the firmware bro! I'm currently on a custom 4.4.3 ROM and I'd like to update the firmware to 6.13.707.1 which is the closest to our country.
HTC One

ckpv5
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8,825

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlteh View Post
Thanks a lot for the firmware bro! I'm currently on a custom 4.4.3 ROM and I'd like to update the firmware to 6.13.707.1 which is the closest to our country.
I see ... if that's the case remove the boot.img and recovery.img from the firmware.zip so you don't have to reflash custom recovery and kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to ckpv5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wlteh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckpv5 View Post
I see ... if that's the case remove the boot.img and recovery.img from the firmware.zip so you don't have to reflash custom recovery and kernel.
Thank you very much, really appreciate it!
HTC One

The Following User Says Thank You to wlteh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]