Need help with firmware 6.13.707.1

OP wlteh

24th August 2014, 01:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 50

73 posts
G'day all,

I'm from Malaysia and the latest firmware has just been released which is the 6.13.707.1 and I've found a link to download this firmware here. However, I understand that flashing firmwares may cause the sdcard to be wiped. I'm hoping someone could give me a pointer on how to mod or remove any components in this firmware zip to avoid it from wiping the sdcard before I flash it. Thanks!
24th August 2014, 01:18 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 23

167 posts
More
HI there,

just remove all dzdata* files from firmware.zip.
The Following User Says Thank You to darkarvan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 01:38 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 8,995

6,961 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlteh

G'day all,

I'm from Malaysia and the latest firmware has just been released which is the 6.13.707.1 and I've found a link to download this firmware here. However, I understand that flashing firmwares may cause the sdcard to be wiped. I'm hoping someone could give me a pointer on how to mod or remove any components in this firmware zip to avoid it from wiping the sdcard before I flash it. Thanks!

That's only the untouched firmware that I uploaded for those who want to revert to original firmware after he flashed a modded firmware like the one with removed red text warning. And it won't wipe your sdcard.

What actually you want to achieve ? If it is to update your ROM to 4.4.3, this won't work.
If you plan to update the firmware only then use a custom 4.4.3 ROM, then this should be ok.

See this if your intention is to update to Stock 4.4.3 ROM : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=7644
Last edited by ckpv5; 24th August 2014 at 01:46 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ckpv5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

73 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkarvan

HI there,

just remove all dzdata* files from firmware.zip.

Thanks I'll give it a try.
24th August 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

73 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckpv5

That's only the untouched firmware that I uploaded for those who want to revert to original firmware after he flashed a modded firmware like the one with removed red text warning. And it won't wipe your sdcard.

What actually you want to achieve ? If it is to update your ROM to 4.4.3, this won't work.
If you plan to update the firmware only then use a custom 4.4.3 ROM, then this should be ok.

See this if your intention is to update to Stock 4.4.3 ROM : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=7644

Thanks a lot for the firmware bro! I'm currently on a custom 4.4.3 ROM and I'd like to update the firmware to 6.13.707.1 which is the closest to our country.
24th August 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 8,995

6,961 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlteh

Thanks a lot for the firmware bro! I'm currently on a custom 4.4.3 ROM and I'd like to update the firmware to 6.13.707.1 which is the closest to our country.

I see ... if that's the case remove the boot.img and recovery.img from the firmware.zip so you don't have to reflash custom recovery and kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to ckpv5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

73 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckpv5

I see ... if that's the case remove the boot.img and recovery.img from the firmware.zip so you don't have to reflash custom recovery and kernel.

Thank you very much, really appreciate it!

The Following User Says Thank You to wlteh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread