Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,836 Members 42,453 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help M7 stuck in fastboot

Tip us?

thintin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanie280672 View Post
if you have a working rom on there now then you will have to get s-off to do everything you want to do.

Try firewater first: http://firewater-soff.com/instructions/

if that fails then you will have to use sunshine, but you do have to pay for that: http://theroot.ninja/

out of interest, which rom are you running at the moment ?
I'm just trying the firewater method ATM. The ROM currently on the device is Revolution HD One 71.1
Current handset:
Sony Xperia Z (on O2 - PACMAN ROM 4.4 Nightlies)

Current toy:
Asus Transformer Prime TP201 32GB (AndroWook Prime Hairy Bean v2.31)

Seanie280672
Old
Thanks Meter 343

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thintin View Post
I'm just trying the firewater method ATM. The ROM currently on the device is Revolution HD One 71.1
ok good, also could you post a link to the O2 RUU you downloaded earlier

thintin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanie280672 View Post
ok good, also could you post a link to the O2 RUU you downloaded earlier
GRRR!

Following firewater instructions...

Quote:
adb reboot <–important!!!!
this caused loads of text to scroll down the cmd window but the device didn't reboot - not sure if it was supposed to?

Quote:
adb wait-for-device push firewater /data/local/tmp
did this - cmd said that daemon was not running and started it but then nothing...no command prompt, phone doing nothing...eventually I closed the window. Now ADB wont recongnise the phone!

???

The stock O2 RUU was from HTC1guru.com (I think) I had to dig around quite a lot to find it. If I find the address I'll post it here.
Current handset:

Current toy:

Seanie280672
Old
Thanks Meter 343

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
GRRR!

this caused loads of text to scroll down the cmd window but the device didn't reboot - not sure if it was supposed to?

did this - cmd said that daemon was not running and started it but then nothing...no command prompt, phone doing nothing...eventually I closed the window. Now ADB wont recongnise the phone!

???

The stock O2 RUU was from HTC1guru.com (I think) I had to dig around quite a lot to find it. If I find the address I'll post it here.
try this version of adb and fastboot instead, sounds like its out of date and also check your device manager, make sure it says MyHTC when your phone is plugged in: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588979

majmoz
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Quote:
GRRR!

It looks like you typed adb reboot <–important!!!! the <-important!!! should not have been typed. It is just a comment. You will notice on the firewater page it is bold where the rest of the type is not.
The Following User Says Thank You to majmoz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thintin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz View Post
It looks like you typed adb reboot <–important!!!! the <-important!!! should not have been typed. It is just a comment. You will notice on the firewater page it is bold where the rest of the type is not.
Don't worry, I didn't type the important! bit

I'm not sure how much more time I want to spend trying to reset this device, maybe I'll just return it to O2 as it is and see if they even care that it's been unlocked!

I'll try the link you suggested and report back :tired:
Current handset:

Current toy:

thintin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Hi.

I think my guardian angel must have had a hand in this because I was only trying to reset the phone to return it due to the microphone not working. After all of these failed attempts I factory reset the current rom and bingo! Microphone working again and no need to return to O2

But thanks for all of the help you offered, I would have a lot less hair and more wrinkles without you.
Current handset:

Current toy:

Tags
error remote: 22, hboot, htc one m7, relocking