[Q] Help! Post-boot reboot loop after installing JB WiFi Tether

27th August 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
I'm running stock 4.4 on my rooted Sprint HTC One.

I've been trying out tethering apps to try to find one that works. After failing with several of them, I came to JB WiFi Tether. It also didn't work (simply prompted me to choose a tethering plan). I had read a review that suggested it might work after rebooting. It did not.

Now, I've uninstalled it, but my phone reboots itself roughly 90-120 seconds after booting, every time. I've wiped dalvik and cache in TWRP, to no effect.

What next? I'm not opposed to doing a factory reset if that will fix it.
28th August 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #2  
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 197

743 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll Fizzlebeef

I'm running stock 4.4 on my rooted Sprint HTC One.

I've been trying out tethering apps to try to find one that works. After failing with several of them, I came to JB WiFi Tether. It also didn't work (simply prompted me to choose a tethering plan). I had read a review that suggested it might work after rebooting. It did not.

Now, I've uninstalled it, but my phone reboots itself roughly 90-120 seconds after booting, every time. I've wiped dalvik and cache in TWRP, to no effect.

What next? I'm not opposed to doing a factory reset if that will fix it.

Save all of your personal data off of the phone and do a factory reset. If that doesn't work then you may have to re-install the stock firmware and/or stock rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to majmoz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 03:20 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz

Save all of your personal data off of the phone and do a factory reset. If that doesn't work then you may have to re-install the stock firmware and/or stock rom.

Thanks very much for the response! Should I do factory reset from the bootloader or from TWRP (is there a difference)?

Basically everything is saved since I did a backup in HTC Sync Manager very recently.
28th August 2014, 04:00 AM   |  #4  
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 197

743 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll Fizzlebeef

Thanks very much for the response! Should I do factory reset from the bootloader or from TWRP (is there a difference)?

Basically everything is saved since I did a backup in HTC Sync Manager very recently.

I would do it from TWRP, because it will warn you if it wiped your OS. I would use the bootloader if I was completely stock.
The Following User Says Thank You to majmoz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 05:15 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz

I would do it from TWRP, because it will warn you if it wiped your OS. I would use the bootloader if I was completely stock.

Thanks again! The factory reset seems to have done the job, thankfully.

I'm so glad to be back in business. Now if I could just get tethering to work.
Last edited by Roll Fizzlebeef; 28th August 2014 at 05:23 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread