Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,119 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help! Post-boot reboot loop after installing JB WiFi Tether

Tip us?
 
Roll Fizzlebeef
Old
#1  
Roll Fizzlebeef's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Feb 2010
Exclamation [Q] Help! Post-boot reboot loop after installing JB WiFi Tether

I'm running stock 4.4 on my rooted Sprint HTC One.

I've been trying out tethering apps to try to find one that works. After failing with several of them, I came to JB WiFi Tether. It also didn't work (simply prompted me to choose a tethering plan). I had read a review that suggested it might work after rebooting. It did not.

Now, I've uninstalled it, but my phone reboots itself roughly 90-120 seconds after booting, every time. I've wiped dalvik and cache in TWRP, to no effect.

What next? I'm not opposed to doing a factory reset if that will fix it.
 
majmoz
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 159
Posts: 621
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sonoita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll Fizzlebeef View Post
I'm running stock 4.4 on my rooted Sprint HTC One.

I've been trying out tethering apps to try to find one that works. After failing with several of them, I came to JB WiFi Tether. It also didn't work (simply prompted me to choose a tethering plan). I had read a review that suggested it might work after rebooting. It did not.

Now, I've uninstalled it, but my phone reboots itself roughly 90-120 seconds after booting, every time. I've wiped dalvik and cache in TWRP, to no effect.

What next? I'm not opposed to doing a factory reset if that will fix it.
Save all of your personal data off of the phone and do a factory reset. If that doesn't work then you may have to re-install the stock firmware and/or stock rom.
The best way to get me to reply is to quote or mention me @majmoz

If I was of help to you, please click the "Thanks" button!

Useful links:

nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
HTC 1 Guru by crushalot
[Collection] HTC One Stock Recoveries
The Following User Says Thank You to majmoz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Roll Fizzlebeef
Old
#3  
Roll Fizzlebeef's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz View Post
Save all of your personal data off of the phone and do a factory reset. If that doesn't work then you may have to re-install the stock firmware and/or stock rom.
Thanks very much for the response! Should I do factory reset from the bootloader or from TWRP (is there a difference)?

Basically everything is saved since I did a backup in HTC Sync Manager very recently.
 
majmoz
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 159
Posts: 621
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sonoita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll Fizzlebeef View Post
Thanks very much for the response! Should I do factory reset from the bootloader or from TWRP (is there a difference)?

Basically everything is saved since I did a backup in HTC Sync Manager very recently.
I would do it from TWRP, because it will warn you if it wiped your OS. I would use the bootloader if I was completely stock.
The best way to get me to reply is to quote or mention me @majmoz

If I was of help to you, please click the "Thanks" button!

Useful links:

nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
HTC 1 Guru by crushalot
[Collection] HTC One Stock Recoveries
The Following User Says Thank You to majmoz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Roll Fizzlebeef
Old
(Last edited by Roll Fizzlebeef; 28th August 2014 at 05:23 AM.)
#5  
Roll Fizzlebeef's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz View Post
I would do it from TWRP, because it will warn you if it wiped your OS. I would use the bootloader if I was completely stock.
Thanks again! The factory reset seems to have done the job, thankfully.

I'm so glad to be back in business. Now if I could just get tethering to work.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes