Ask a question

No registration required

Need Help Restoring HTC: No OS, No TWRP Recovery

OP bournetopwn

17th August 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
So I wanted to revert back to HTC Sense, but not enough careful reading caused me this, which I've been working on for hours now. I was on Cynogenmod before. Phone is S-ON, unlocked, and has TWRP installed, but the problem is there is no recovery. The other big problem is there is also no OS. Phone also is not detected by computer, so I can't just drag a file onto the phone and flash it again. Is buying a USB OTG cable the only option at this point?
18th August 2014, 06:35 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 435

1,791 posts
This is the most common question asked about here, why not do some research about it?
18th August 2014, 10:35 AM   |  #3  

8 posts
same here, i have recovery but its not helping much. no OS and cant get in Download Mode to flash via Odin.
18th August 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 3,072

6,197 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bournetopwn

So I wanted to revert back to HTC Sense, but not enough careful reading caused me this, which I've been working on for hours now. I was on Cynogenmod before. Phone is S-ON, unlocked, and has TWRP installed, but the problem is there is no recovery. The other big problem is there is also no OS. Phone also is not detected by computer, so I can't just drag a file onto the phone and flash it again. Is buying a USB OTG cable the only option at this point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrag0n

same here, i have recovery but its not helping much. no OS and cant get in Download Mode to flash via Odin.

ODIN is for Samsung, this is HTC.

At the top of the Q&A section is a welcome message, and several stickies, may I invite you to start reading there
in particular the Frequently Asked Question sticky, and on page 3 you would see the answers you're looking for.

Alternatively, almost every other thread in here has the same situation, so please remember forum rules, and search and read.

Good luck, and post any other questions you may have here (please do not post in the FAQ sticky!!)
20th August 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #5  

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

ODIN is for Samsung, this is HTC.

At the top of the Q&A section is a welcome message, and several stickies, may I invite you to start reading there
in particular the Frequently Asked Question sticky, and on page 3 you would see the answers you're looking for.

Alternatively, almost every other thread in here has the same situation, so please remember forum rules, and search and read.

Good luck, and post any other questions you may have here (please do not post in the FAQ sticky!!)

thank you for that. Fastboot was my solution.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread