Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more
Post Reply

[Q] [HELP] RUU / factory reset method needed for Vodafone UK

OP linkjack

17th July 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Hi all,

Sorry if this isn't posted in the right place, please tell me and I will shift it!

Essentially I have been stuck for a few weeks. I need to send my phone back to Vodafone but I recent rooted it, didn't take a back up of the legit software and now can't get back!

Some details on the phone:

CID: VODAP001
HBOOT: 1.56
VERSION: 4.19.161.Xx (i forget the last bit)
Last version of android running (encase it helps): 4.4.2

I've tried HTC guru reset but when applying the ota it just hits a boot loop. I've tried all s-off methods (firewater and rumrunner) with a mixture of roms + kernels to no success.

I'm rather stumped and not sure what to do next! Any help would be appreciated, or if someone has the RUU to reinstall?

Thanks in advance for any help / advice you can off!

Sent from my not-quite-right HTC One
Last edited by linkjack; 17th July 2014 at 12:27 AM.
17th July 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #2  
majmoz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 240
 
894 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkjack

Hi all,

Sorry if this isn't posted in the right place, please tell me and I will shift it!

Essentially I have been stuck for a few weeks. I need to send my phone back to Vodafone but I recent rooted it, didn't take a back up of the legit software and now can't get back!

Some details on the phone:

CID: VODAP001
HBOOT: 1.56
VERSION: 4.19.161.Xx (i forget the last bit)
Last version of android running (encase it helps): 4.4.2

I've tried HTC guru reset but when applying the ota it just hits a boot loop. I've tried all s-off methods (firewater and rumrunner) with a mixture of roms + kernels to no success.

I'm rather stumped and not sure what to do next! Any help would be appreciated, or if someone has the RUU to reinstall?

Thanks in advance for any help / advice you can off!

Sent from my not-quite-right HTC One

When you ran the Guru Reset did you select stock recovery? Did it complete or did it give you an error? If it completed and you tried to receive the OTA did you relock your bootloader first? To successfully run an OTA you must have the stock recovery, stock rom and locked/relocked bootloader if you are S-ON.
17th July 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz

When you ran the Guru Reset did you select stock recovery? Did it complete or did it give you an error? If it completed and you tried to receive the OTA did you relock your bootloader first? To successfully run an OTA you must have the stock recovery, stock rom and locked/relocked bootloader if you are S-ON.

Hi majmoz,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Unfortunately no errors, it ran through fine, installed ok with no errors and restarted fine ( and yes selected stock recovery). Works fine until I try and install an ota.

I've tried a few times now, each time I have re-locked the boot loader and it still just sends my phone into a boot loop
17th July 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #4  
majmoz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 240
 
894 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkjack

Hi majmoz,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Unfortunately no errors, it ran through fine, installed ok with no errors and restarted fine ( and yes selected stock recovery). Works fine until I try and install an ota.

I've tried a few times now, each time I have re-locked the boot loader and it still just sends my phone into a boot loop

Could you post a fastboot getvar all deleting your imei and serial number before posting? To see what is really on your phone.
17th July 2014, 04:42 AM   |  #5  
Seanie280672's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Halesowen
Thanks Meter: 344
 
1,162 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkjack

Hi all,

Sorry if this isn't posted in the right place, please tell me and I will shift it!

Essentially I have been stuck for a few weeks. I need to send my phone back to Vodafone but I recent rooted it, didn't take a back up of the legit software and now can't get back!

Some details on the phone:

CID: VODAP001
HBOOT: 1.56
VERSION: 4.19.161.Xx (i forget the last bit)
Last version of android running (encase it helps): 4.4.2

I've tried HTC guru reset but when applying the ota it just hits a boot loop. I've tried all s-off methods (firewater and rumrunner) with a mixture of roms + kernels to no success.

I'm rather stumped and not sure what to do next! Any help would be appreciated, or if someone has the RUU to reinstall?

Thanks in advance for any help / advice you can off!

Sent from my not-quite-right HTC One

Don't worry, fastboot getvar all is not required, I have a TWRP backup here of that rom:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_n...it?usp=sharing

you will need to get it onto your phone then restore it through TWRP

However, what do you intend to do about the TAMPERED and UNLOCKED flags you have in your bootloader ? this voids warranty.
17th July 2014, 08:30 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanie280672

Don't worry, fastboot getvar all is not required, I have a TWRP backup here of that rom:

(URL deleted as I'm a newbie and they won't let me say thanks with it in)

you will need to get it onto your phone then restore it through TWRP

However, what do you intend to do about the TAMPERED and UNLOCKED flags you have in your bootloader ? this voids warranty.

Thanks so much!

I intend to hope they don't look hehe. From my experience if it's hardware they do a quick check on the settings, about phone then get down to business.

After that, I won't do an update until I can s-off and put everything back to how it should be.

Thanks again!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes