Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 41,037 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [HELP] RUU / factory reset method needed for Vodafone UK

Tip us?

linkjack
Old
(Last edited by linkjack; 17th July 2014 at 12:27 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] [HELP] RUU / factory reset method needed for Vodafone UK

Hi all,

Sorry if this isn't posted in the right place, please tell me and I will shift it!

Essentially I have been stuck for a few weeks. I need to send my phone back to Vodafone but I recent rooted it, didn't take a back up of the legit software and now can't get back!

Some details on the phone:

CID: VODAP001
HBOOT: 1.56
VERSION: 4.19.161.Xx (i forget the last bit)
Last version of android running (encase it helps): 4.4.2

I've tried HTC guru reset but when applying the ota it just hits a boot loop. I've tried all s-off methods (firewater and rumrunner) with a mixture of roms + kernels to no success.

I'm rather stumped and not sure what to do next! Any help would be appreciated, or if someone has the RUU to reinstall?

Thanks in advance for any help / advice you can off!

Sent from my not-quite-right HTC One

majmoz
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkjack View Post
Hi all,

Sorry if this isn't posted in the right place, please tell me and I will shift it!

Essentially I have been stuck for a few weeks. I need to send my phone back to Vodafone but I recent rooted it, didn't take a back up of the legit software and now can't get back!

I've tried HTC guru reset but when applying the ota it just hits a boot loop. I've tried all s-off methods (firewater and rumrunner) with a mixture of roms + kernels to no success.

I'm rather stumped and not sure what to do next! Any help would be appreciated, or if someone has the RUU to reinstall?

When you ran the Guru Reset did you select stock recovery? Did it complete or did it give you an error? If it completed and you tried to receive the OTA did you relock your bootloader first? To successfully run an OTA you must have the stock recovery, stock rom and locked/relocked bootloader if you are S-ON.

linkjack
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz View Post
When you ran the Guru Reset did you select stock recovery? Did it complete or did it give you an error? If it completed and you tried to receive the OTA did you relock your bootloader first? To successfully run an OTA you must have the stock recovery, stock rom and locked/relocked bootloader if you are S-ON.
Hi majmoz,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Unfortunately no errors, it ran through fine, installed ok with no errors and restarted fine ( and yes selected stock recovery). Works fine until I try and install an ota.

I've tried a few times now, each time I have re-locked the boot loader and it still just sends my phone into a boot loop

majmoz
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Hi majmoz,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Unfortunately no errors, it ran through fine, installed ok with no errors and restarted fine ( and yes selected stock recovery). Works fine until I try and install an ota.

I've tried a few times now, each time I have re-locked the boot loader and it still just sends my phone into a boot loop
Could you post a fastboot getvar all deleting your imei and serial number before posting? To see what is really on your phone.

Seanie280672
Old
Thanks Meter 273

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hi all,

Don't worry, fastboot getvar all is not required, I have a TWRP backup here of that rom:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_n...it?usp=sharing

you will need to get it onto your phone then restore it through TWRP

However, what do you intend to do about the TAMPERED and UNLOCKED flags you have in your bootloader ? this voids warranty.

linkjack
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanie280672 View Post
Don't worry, fastboot getvar all is not required, I have a TWRP backup here of that rom:

(URL deleted as I'm a newbie and they won't let me say thanks with it in)

you will need to get it onto your phone then restore it through TWRP

However, what do you intend to do about the TAMPERED and UNLOCKED flags you have in your bootloader ? this voids warranty.
Thanks so much!

I intend to hope they don't look hehe. From my experience if it's hardware they do a quick check on the settings, about phone then get down to business.

After that, I won't do an update until I can s-off and put everything back to how it should be.

Thanks again!