need help to return to stock to take OTA on M8...

OP ronald_halbal

27th July 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

28 posts
hey, wats up?
I'm a bit new to the XDA site but i know my way around the Android OS to some extent.
I recently unlocked my bootloader, s-off (Sunshine app method) and flashed TWRP (with root) on my HTC M8 (international version).
phone is working fine, no probs...but, I recently received a notification of and update to 4.4.3
I did do a back up right after i installed TWRP, but, TWRP came with the root feature so even if i restore I'll basically have the same as before; a rooted stock OS.
Can u assist me in getting a stock recovery so i can receive the OTA update? or if its not too much can you guide me on how to?
I am seeing a lot of info around but i'm a bit confused.
This is my CID:
CID-HTC __332

I am more than happy to provide you with any further info in order to get me back to bare stock so i can take the OTA.
many thanks in advance..
27th July 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #2  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,074

3,984 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald_halbal

hey, wats up?
I'm a bit new to the XDA site but i know my way around the Android OS to some extent.
I recently unlocked my bootloader, s-off (Sunshine app method) and flashed TWRP (with root) on my HTC M8 (international version).
phone is working fine, no probs...but, I recently received a notification of and update to 4.4.3
I did do a back up right after i installed TWRP, but, TWRP came with the root feature so even if i restore I'll basically have the same as before; a rooted stock OS.
Can u assist me in getting a stock recovery so i can receive the OTA update? or if its not too much can you guide me on how to?
I am seeing a lot of info around but i'm a bit confused.
This is my CID:
CID-HTC __332

I am more than happy to provide you with any further info in order to get me back to bare stock so i can take the OTA.
many thanks in advance..

Try the HTC One M8 forums
The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread