Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,209 Members 36,917 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Help] Upgrading firmware without a pc

Tip us?

DeProf
Old
(Last edited by DeProf; 1st September 2014 at 03:18 PM.) Reason: More information for people who are reading it
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] [Help] Upgrading firmware without a pc

Hey guys I was looking for a guide similar to this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...g-panic-attack

but not for m8 but for our beloved m7

Is there anybody out there who knows how to achieve it? The firmware I am currently trying is 6.09.401.5. I am S-Off and have an htc_ul (no att or verizon or sprint attached) as phone. My Hboot Version is 1.57

Since we dont have an external sd card is it even remotely possible and if so how would that be? Some people in that thread wrote they have been using it since they started using htc but I can't seem to get it to work properly. Is it possible that we have to use another name for the firmware.zip files?

Your help would be much appreciated.

DeProf

bigpeet666
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeProf View Post

Is there anybody out there who knows how to achieve it? The firmware I am currently trying is 6.09.401.5. I am S-Off and have an htc_ul (no att or verizon or sprint attached) as phone. My Hboot Version is 1.57

Since we dont have an external sd card is it even remotely possible and if so how would that be? Some people in that thread wrote they have been using it since they started using htc but I can't seem to get it to work properly. Is it possible that we have to use another name for the firmware.zip files?

DeProf
Your link just goes to m8 development forum......afaik it's not possible to change firmware without fastboot

majmoz
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeProf View Post

DeProf
You need a computer to update firmware. However, you can check out this site and ask the OP herwegan if he can help you.
The best way to get me to reply is to quote or mention me @majmoz

If I was of help to you, please click the "Thanks" button!

Useful links:

nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
HTC 1 Guru by crushalot
[Collection] HTC One Stock Recoveries