Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

need help! what is wrong with my mic? broken when on-ear call, not during speaker

OP unknown00

4th August 2014, 12:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

171 posts
no known damages at all. yes rooted, i have flashed multiple roms, so i dont think its software, i think it's a hardware problem so i'm asking if there's a way around it. Yes I have sound enhancement disabled and yes I have cleaned it with a brush

problem - when making a call on-ear, the mic doesn't work. when i put it in speaker the mic works again.

therefore i ask, does the phone using a different mic between on-ear and speaker? if the answer is yes, how can i switch which mic it uses? if the answer is no, what is wrong with the phone?
Last edited by unknown00; 4th August 2014 at 01:04 AM.
4th August 2014, 01:30 AM   |  #2  
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 351

1,194 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown00

no known damages at all. yes rooted, i have flashed multiple roms, so i dont think its software, i think it's a hardware problem so i'm asking if there's a way around it. Yes I have sound enhancement disabled and yes I have cleaned it with a brush

problem - when making a call on-ear, the mic doesn't work. when i put it in speaker the mic works again.

therefore i ask, does the phone using a different mic between on-ear and speaker? if the answer is yes, how can i switch which mic it uses? if the answer is no, what is wrong with the phone?

If your signature is correct then you have a OnePlusOne and this is a HTC One M7 forum. The phones are different and if it is a hardware issue you will need to return it to the manufacturer for repair. I would guess that there is just one mic and I would go back to stock to see if the problem is evident there, if not then it is a software issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread