Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

[Q] Stock Recovery for 5.12.206.3 (O2_102) or preloaded data needed?

OP tRex

3rd September 2014, 01:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
I've unlocked bootloader via htcDev and use twrp recovery with rooted 5.12.206.3 (O2_102).
When trying to update to 4.4.3 (6.14.206.2-5.12.206.3) process stops with red triangle and exclamation mark. Probably this is because some of the preloaded stuff got lost when unlocking bootloader via htcDev.

Do I either need to get the missing stuff or the stock recovery for 5.12.206.3 (O2_102) or both?

The only stock recovery I've found O2 is 1.29.206.x.
3rd September 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,158

3,003 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tRex

I've unlocked bootloader via htcDev and use twrp recovery with rooted 5.12.206.3 (O2_102).
When trying to update to 4.4.3 (6.14.206.2-5.12.206.3) process stops with red triangle and exclamation mark. Probably this is because some of the preloaded stuff got lost when unlocking bootloader via htcDev.

Do I either need to get the missing stuff or the stock recovery for 5.12.206.3 (O2_102) or both?

The only stock recovery I've found O2 is 1.29.206.x.

you need both stock recovery that match your version and /data/preload files that match your version. Also all /system files must be unmodified (sometime get modified by custom kernel, restoring stock kernel will not restore stock files)

when you get the red triangle with the exclamation mark in stock recovery, hold vol+ and then press power and release both button and you should see yellow text explaining why the ota failed.

in example:
  • unexpected content in X files
  • Y file is missing (no such file or directory)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread