Exclamation [Q] Post-Flash Issues (Rebooting, Cannot Send Texts)

OP TPMX

1st September 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Hello everyone! Thank you for your time.

I have a AT&T HTC One from launch day. I recently flashed the AT&T stock ROM for 4.4.2 over an old 4.2 Google Play Edition ROM for my phone. I used ADB Sideload in TWRP 2.5 to do so. I also rooted. After flashing, I was fine for about a day, but then two issues occurred.

1) I can no longer send texts. I receive them fine and the phone works otherwise for calls, Wi-Fi, data, etc. but nobody I've texted is receiving texts. I've tried using a third-party client and the built in one.

2) If I reboot the phone, the phone will boot up normally, work for about a minute or two, then reboot again. This cycle repeats until I flash again. Clearing the caches does not help. I'm still able to access everything until it reboots and getting into the Settings menu seems to prevent this issue from occurring, but I have no idea why this is happening.

I know I can always flash another ROM and those seem to work fine, but I'd really like to stick with stock or a similar-stock experience where I can root. Anyone that can recommend a solution or a ROM that's close to stock would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
1st September 2014, 11:53 PM   |  #2  
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 240

896 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPMX

I have a AT&T HTC One from launch day. I recently flashed the AT&T stock ROM for 4.4.2 over an old 4.2 Google Play Edition ROM for my phone. I used ADB Sideload in TWRP 2.5 to do so. I also rooted. After flashing, I was fine for about a day, but then two issues occurred.

1) I can no longer send texts. I receive them fine and the phone works otherwise for calls, Wi-Fi, data, etc. but nobody I've texted is receiving texts. I've tried using a third-party client and the built in one.

2) If I reboot the phone, the phone will boot up normally, work for about a minute or two, then reboot again. This cycle repeats until I flash again. Clearing the caches does not help. I'm still able to access everything until it reboots and getting into the Settings menu seems to prevent this issue from occurring, but I have no idea why this is happening.

I know I can always flash another ROM and those seem to work fine, but I'd really like to stick with stock or a similar-stock experience where I can root. Anyone that can recommend a solution or a ROM that's close to stock would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Did you change your MID & CID back to stock? Did you flash the stock AT&T firmware? You can get the latest from this post.
2nd September 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #3  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,079

3,988 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Your recovery is also very old ..flash TWRP 2.6.3.3 or newer
do a full wipe when going from GPE to Sense 6
3rd September 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz

Did you change your MID & CID back to stock? Did you flash the stock AT&T firmware? You can get the latest from this post.

I didn't, but I never changed it to begin with. When I flashed the GPE, did it change that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

Your recovery is also very old ..flash TWRP 2.6.3.3 or newer
do a full wipe when going from GPE to Sense 6

I'll flash the new recovery then. Thank you! Also I did do a full wipe, same issues occur.
3rd September 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #5  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,079

3,988 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I didn't, but I never changed it to begin with. When I flashed the GPE, did it change that?

I'll flash the new recovery then. Thank you! Also I did do a full wipe, same issues occur.

You can tell the GPE firmware by the Black bootloader screen.
new recovery and reflash rom and you should be in good shape
The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

You can tell the GPE firmware by the Black bootloader screen.
new recovery and reflash rom and you should be in good shape

Updating the recovery helped me reflash the ROM without issue and I'm up and running! Thank you very much!
The Following User Says Thank You to TPMX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread