How do i connect my phone to receiver?

18th July 2014, 03:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

107 posts
More
Hey everybody, my friend recently gave me his old yamaha receiver. the model is RX-V2095. I got the speakers to work but it only works when the effect [on] mode on the receiver is turned on. Problem is it sounds extremely bad and i would like to adjust my own bass and treble settings. im using a rca female cable and connecting a 3.5mm jack from my phone to the end of the rca cables which are connected to my receiver.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140717_221010.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	2857438   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140717_221021.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	2857439   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140717_222418.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	2857440  
18th July 2014, 08:15 AM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,117

2,889 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nty123

Hey everybody, my friend recently gave me his old yamaha receiver. the model is RX-V2095. I got the speakers to work but it only works when the effect [on] mode on the receiver is turned on. Problem is it sounds extremely bad and i would like to adjust my own bass and treble settings. im using a rca female cable and connecting a 3.5mm jack from my phone to the end of the rca cables which are connected to my receiver.

you should try to turn off Beats audio and use a custom EQ instead and see if it sound better. Everytime I plug my phone to my Pioneer receiver, it sound extremely bad when beats audio is enabled (way to much bass and treble = sound distortion) Fortunately, I have a good built-in 10-bands EQ in my receiver so I don't really need and custom EQ in my phone. But your receiver doesnt seem to have a descent EQ (only 2 bands).
Last edited by alray; 18th July 2014 at 08:18 AM.
18th July 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

107 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

you should try to turn off Beats audio and use a custom EQ instead and see if it sound better. Everytime I plug my phone to my Pioneer receiver, it sound extremely bad when beats audio is enabled (way to much bass and treble = sound distortion) Fortunately, I have a good built-in 10-bands EQ in my receiver so I don't really need and custom EQ in my phone. But your receiver doesnt seem to have a descent EQ (only 2 bands).

thanks ill try that, but i think i figured it out. I don't have the remote for the receiver so i can't get it setup and configure the settings within it. any idea how i can do this? is their another remote that can control it to?
19th July 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #4  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,117

2,889 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nty123

thanks ill try that, but i think i figured it out. I don't have the remote for the receiver so i can't get it setup and configure the settings within it. any idea how i can do this? is their another remote that can control it to?

well use the IR of the phone!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread