Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,382 Members 45,131 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How do i connect my phone to receiver?

Tip us?
 
nty123
Old
#1  
nty123's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 107
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default How do i connect my phone to receiver?

Hey everybody, my friend recently gave me his old yamaha receiver. the model is RX-V2095. I got the speakers to work but it only works when the effect [on] mode on the receiver is turned on. Problem is it sounds extremely bad and i would like to adjust my own bass and treble settings. im using a rca female cable and connecting a 3.5mm jack from my phone to the end of the rca cables which are connected to my receiver.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140717_221010.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	2857438   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140717_221021.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	2857439   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140717_222418.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	2857440  
DROID X----HTC REZOUND----DROID RAZR----HTC ONE



HTC ONE: UNLOCKED-S-OFF
HBOOT-1.56.0000(UNLOCKED)
RECOVERY:TWRP 2.7.0.1
ROM:tiKtaK GPE 4.4.2
KERNEL:Elite Lunar Kernel
 
alray
Old
(Last edited by alray; 18th July 2014 at 08:18 AM.)
#2  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,053
Posts: 2,717
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Montreal

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nty123 View Post
Hey everybody, my friend recently gave me his old yamaha receiver. the model is RX-V2095. I got the speakers to work but it only works when the effect [on] mode on the receiver is turned on. Problem is it sounds extremely bad and i would like to adjust my own bass and treble settings. im using a rca female cable and connecting a 3.5mm jack from my phone to the end of the rca cables which are connected to my receiver.
you should try to turn off Beats audio and use a custom EQ instead and see if it sound better. Everytime I plug my phone to my Pioneer receiver, it sound extremely bad when beats audio is enabled (way to much bass and treble = sound distortion) Fortunately, I have a good built-in 10-bands EQ in my receiver so I don't really need and custom EQ in my phone. But your receiver doesnt seem to have a descent EQ (only 2 bands).
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
 
nty123
Old
#3  
nty123's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 107
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
you should try to turn off Beats audio and use a custom EQ instead and see if it sound better. Everytime I plug my phone to my Pioneer receiver, it sound extremely bad when beats audio is enabled (way to much bass and treble = sound distortion) Fortunately, I have a good built-in 10-bands EQ in my receiver so I don't really need and custom EQ in my phone. But your receiver doesnt seem to have a descent EQ (only 2 bands).
thanks ill try that, but i think i figured it out. I don't have the remote for the receiver so i can't get it setup and configure the settings within it. any idea how i can do this? is their another remote that can control it to?
DROID X----HTC REZOUND----DROID RAZR----HTC ONE



HTC ONE: UNLOCKED-S-OFF
HBOOT-1.56.0000(UNLOCKED)
RECOVERY:TWRP 2.7.0.1
ROM:tiKtaK GPE 4.4.2
KERNEL:Elite Lunar Kernel
 
alray
Old
#4  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,053
Posts: 2,717
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Montreal

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nty123 View Post
thanks ill try that, but i think i figured it out. I don't have the remote for the receiver so i can't get it setup and configure the settings within it. any idea how i can do this? is their another remote that can control it to?
well use the IR of the phone!
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes