Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,055 Members 47,022 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do I edit/restore the mmcblk0 partition.

Tip us?

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 978

DONATE TO ME
Have to agree with nkk71 here. You have a normal AT&T phone, it should be easy to RUU back to stock from your current settings.

relock bootloader
fastboot oem lock
Run the 3.17.502.3 RUU and you should be all set
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

davidrol
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Installing an RUU didn't solve restoring all partitions, only a small portion. The upper (1-5) is where the overlap occurred and RUU's dont' effect those partitions, at all. I deleted mmcblk0p4, because it was way too large and should be 1MB. After, a few restarts and 3 attempts at gaining s-off with firewater, the phone now functions correctly! I have tested and confirm a working GPS, phone radio recognizing sim, google sync, etc, etc. The imei and broadband version show correctly in phone info. I cant explain or fully understand why it's fully working. I will examine the partitions again and post the results.

BTW, I haven't tried installing a sense rom (current Android Revolution) to check for the constant boot loops I was getting.

Next step would be to sim unlock and test phone reception and signal strength.

I thank you all for your assistance.

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrol View Post
Installing an RUU didn't solve restoring all partitions, only a small portion. The upper (1-5) is where the overlap occurred and RUU's dont' effect those partitions, at all. I deleted mmcblk0p4, because it was way too large and should be 1MB. After, a few restarts and 3 attempts at gaining s-off with firewater, the phone now functions correctly! I have tested and confirm a working GPS, phone radio recognizing sim, google sync, etc, etc. The imei and broadband version show correctly in phone info. I cant explain or fully understand why it's fully working. I will examine the partitions again and post the results.

BTW, I haven't tried installing a sense rom (current Android Revolution) to check for the constant boot loops I was getting.

Next step would be to sim unlock and test phone reception and signal strength.

I thank you all for your assistance.
hmm, interesting, I've never seen that done before, but just for info:
fdisk -ul
Code:
/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 262111 61071358 30404624 5 Extended
the rest are exactly like the ones you posted earlier.

but if you actually "dd" the partition, you'll get a 1KB (not MB) file, which starting ot offset 0x200 (ie 1 block) shows the HTC-BOARD-INFO from p5

so seems p4 is only 1 block plus some kind of container for the rest of the partitions.

Anyway, very glad that worked out for

PS: and you were able to change the partition layout with S-ON.... didn't / don't think that's possible
Tags
mmcblk0, overlapping partitions, superblock invalid

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more

MultiROM Makes Its Way to the LG G2

Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen quite a fewflagship (and former flagship) devicesget to … more