Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How do I edit/restore the mmcblk0 partition.

OP davidrol

22nd August 2014, 09:53 PM   |  #11  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,164

4,254 posts
Donate to Me
More
Have to agree with nkk71 here. You have a normal AT&T phone, it should be easy to RUU back to stock from your current settings.

relock bootloader
fastboot oem lock
Run the 3.17.502.3 RUU and you should be all set
23rd August 2014, 05:37 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brooksville, FL
Thanks Meter: 42

307 posts
More
Installing an RUU didn't solve restoring all partitions, only a small portion. The upper (1-5) is where the overlap occurred and RUU's dont' effect those partitions, at all. I deleted mmcblk0p4, because it was way too large and should be 1MB. After, a few restarts and 3 attempts at gaining s-off with firewater, the phone now functions correctly! I have tested and confirm a working GPS, phone radio recognizing sim, google sync, etc, etc. The imei and broadband version show correctly in phone info. I cant explain or fully understand why it's fully working. I will examine the partitions again and post the results.

BTW, I haven't tried installing a sense rom (current Android Revolution) to check for the constant boot loops I was getting.

Next step would be to sim unlock and test phone reception and signal strength.

I thank you all for your assistance.
23rd August 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 3,071

6,193 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrol

Installing an RUU didn't solve restoring all partitions, only a small portion. The upper (1-5) is where the overlap occurred and RUU's dont' effect those partitions, at all. I deleted mmcblk0p4, because it was way too large and should be 1MB. After, a few restarts and 3 attempts at gaining s-off with firewater, the phone now functions correctly! I have tested and confirm a working GPS, phone radio recognizing sim, google sync, etc, etc. The imei and broadband version show correctly in phone info. I cant explain or fully understand why it's fully working. I will examine the partitions again and post the results.

BTW, I haven't tried installing a sense rom (current Android Revolution) to check for the constant boot loops I was getting.

Next step would be to sim unlock and test phone reception and signal strength.

I thank you all for your assistance.

hmm, interesting, I've never seen that done before, but just for info:
fdisk -ul
Code:
/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 262111 61071358 30404624 5 Extended
the rest are exactly like the ones you posted earlier.

but if you actually "dd" the partition, you'll get a 1KB (not MB) file, which starting ot offset 0x200 (ie 1 block) shows the HTC-BOARD-INFO from p5

so seems p4 is only 1 block plus some kind of container for the rest of the partitions.

Anyway, very glad that worked out for

PS: and you were able to change the partition layout with S-ON.... didn't / don't think that's possible
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mmcblk0, overlapping partitions, superblock invalid
Previous Thread Next Thread