how to go back to stock rom after custom rom

13th August 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #21  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

89 posts
I have a backup when I load twerp via recovery menu. Will this go back to stock rom?

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app
14th August 2014, 06:29 AM   |  #22  
OP Member

89 posts
I have watched many videos explaining how to go back to stock. I want to keep The root, if I can into twerp and restore from that, will that go back to stock? Or do I have to lock bootloader and flash with stock ruu?

14th August 2014, 02:20 PM   |  #23  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,119

2,895 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackenzie121

I have a backup when I load twerp via recovery menu. Will this go back to stock rom?

you already asked this same exact question at post #17 and I answered it at post #18, so why asking again? if your backup was made on stock rom then restore it. simple.
14th August 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #24  
OP Member

89 posts
OK OK. I'm just double checking before I do it and know ask the facts, because some people say do it this way, others say do it another way.

14th August 2014, 02:37 PM   |  #25  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,119

2,895 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackenzie121

OK OK. I'm just double checking before I do it and know ask the facts, because some people say do it this way, others say do it another way.

yes because there is more than 1 method to restore your phone to stock rom, but restoring the nandroid backup is the easiest solution if you have one. You may loose root if your backup was made before you have rooted the phone. But root access can be achieved again easily after restoring the backup, but for now, stay focused on restoring the backup. If you need help to re-root later, we will assist you

14th September 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #26  
OP Member

89 posts
I think I do have a backup, i have explored my phone and found one I think. Why would I want to install a custom Rom if I want to go back to original stock.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread