FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[Q] How Update Rooted One

28 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By AmineOne, Junior Member on 20th August 2014, 07:11 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
23rd August 2014, 02:33 PM |#21  
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmineOne

And how can i do that ? (i'm still novice don't know much)

are you able to copy the OTA file to your PC? (you need root or custom recovery)
the ota file should be in /data/data/com.android.providers.downloads/cache


or try this stock recovery: http://d-h.st/pWw (it's not yours, but as close as possible)
rename the file to stock_recovery.img and flash it:
fastboot flash recovery stock_recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot



but honestly, this is going to be a futile exercise, if you unlocked using HTCdev, then the /data/preload apps are gone, and if you changed anything else too, the OTA will not work.

I would just go S-OFF, chance cid, and go for international unbranded phone. Or just flash a custom ROM

Anyway, why did you unlock the phone, if you don't want custom ROMs?
 
 
23rd August 2014, 02:40 PM |#22  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

are you able to copy the OTA file to your PC? (you need root or custom recovery)
the ota file should be in /data/data/com.android.providers.downloads/cache


or try this stock recovery: http://d-h.st/pWw (it's not yours, but as close as possible)
rename the file to stock_recovery.img and flash it:
fastboot flash recovery stock_recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot



but honestly, this is going to be a futile exercise, if you unlocked using HTCdev, then the /data/preload apps are gone, and if you changed anything else too, the OTA will not work.

I would just go S-OFF, chance cid, and go for international unbranded phone. Or just flash a custom ROM

Anyway, why did you unlock the phone, if you don't want custom ROMs?


In the begging i want just root access, after i wanted a custom rom but i changed my mind and i just stay on stock rom with custom recovery (TWRP) my phone had some problem like loop reboot sometimes...
23rd August 2014, 03:01 PM |#23  
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmineOne

In the begging i want just root access, after i wanted a custom rom but i changed my mind and i just stay on stock rom with custom recovery (TWRP) my phone had some problem like loop reboot sometimes...

well even if you get a proper recovery on there you are no longer 100% stock ROM, because the HTCdev unlock, removed certain files, so the OTA (either this one, or future ones) will eventually fail.

if you really want to stay stock ROM, you're still on hboot 1.55 so should be relatively easy to get S-OFF, then change CID and use an ruu
23rd August 2014, 03:21 PM |#24  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

well even if you get a proper recovery on there you are no longer 100% stock ROM, because the HTCdev unlock, removed certain files, so the OTA (either this one, or future ones) will eventually fail.

if you really want to stay stock ROM, you're still on hboot 1.55 so should be relatively easy to get S-OFF, then change CID and use an ruu

Is there eayser way to do a update without all this ? (II'm a little short on time)
30th August 2014, 09:50 AM |#25  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Any one can help me ?
30th August 2014, 11:26 AM |#26  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,866
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmineOne

Any one can help me ?

Anyone ? alray, nkk71 and I have already offered you many options and you don't seem to get it.
reread the entire thread and choose what you want to do.

These instructions have worked for a lot of people
Quote:

Unlock the bootloader at HTCDEV
then from fastboot USB
Flash recovery TWRP 2.6.3.3
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7

fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

then sideload this Rom to your phone
http://www.androidrevolution.org/dow...D-One_31.6.zip


TWRP / Advanced / ADB Sideload - swipe to sideload
From PC adb / fastboot folder
you use
adb sideload name-of-rom.zip

make sure the rom is in the same folder as adb / fastboot

after that simply use firewater or rumrunner and s-off the phone
30th August 2014, 01:52 PM |#27  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

Anyone ? alray, nkk71 and I have already offered you many options and you don't seem to get it.
reread the entire thread and choose what you want to do.

These instructions have worked for a lot of people


after that simply use firewater or rumrunner and s-off the phone



Do not be angry
Thank's for your help all, but what after i get S-OFF ?
30th August 2014, 02:18 PM |#28  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,866
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmineOne

Do not be angry
Thank's for your help all, but what after i get S-OFF ?

lol not angry .. just old and grouchy

after you s-off you have a lot of options
you can convert your phone to International One or the Developer Edition One or the Google Play Edition.

Some tools you'll want / need
Guru_Bootloader_Reset_1.0.zip
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358538585

MD5: fdb8264a8f4741bae22939cd7734f7c2

their is a MID change tool

MID_Change_TOOL_v.1.01.zip - 2.66 MB

md5: ae54b6e28a925270661994dbe16eb742

and you can change CID to super CID - 11111111
and flash any RUU > http://www.androidruu.com/index.php?developer=M7

I would suggest the International Version
the 4.19.401.9 RUU has worked well for many people and will get OTA update almost instantly.
30th August 2014, 02:38 PM |#29  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Thank you very much, I have lot off think to do lol it may be strong for the novice that I am
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes