FORUMS

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

[Q] HTC Notes after lollipop update

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By celebi-s, Junior Member on 9th March 2015, 10:55 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,
I did a research on internet and this forum but could not find any thread about this.
after the Lollipop update on my HTC One M7 HTC Notes was removed and when I try to open it I am adviced to download Evernote.
I installed, created a username but I am not able to get my old notes.

Is there any way to get them back? I need them

10th March 2015, 02:17 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
No one to help?
10th March 2015, 09:34 PM |#3  
Flag Jaipur
Thanks Meter: 574

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by celebi-s

No one to help?

HTC removed notes from lollipop and placed with evernote
If you sync your notes to evernote than you can get them back else no
The Following User Says Thank You to yatindroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2015, 10:15 PM |#4  
Flag Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by celebi-s

Hi,
I did a research on internet and this forum but could not find any thread about this.
after the Lollipop update on my HTC One M7 HTC Notes was removed and when I try to open it I am adviced to download Evernote.
I installed, created a username but I am not able to get my old notes.

Is there any way to get them back? I need them

If you did not create an Evernote account BEFORE the Lollipop update, most likely your notes were not backed up by Evernote. So there is no way to recover them.
The Following User Says Thank You to geojoking For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2015, 09:58 PM |#5  

More
Outrageous
WTF? I just updated as well and found I was unable to view my notes using the HTC Notes app. I followed the instructions to create an Evernote account and downloaded the app. I only got 7 of my notes back.

Someone from HTC should explain how to recover the notes. What are they thinking when they delete people's work during an update and force them into using an app they don't want or need!?

This is disgusting behaviour.

HTC - explanation please?
25th March 2015, 12:55 AM |#6  
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 622

Donate to Me
More
That's really weird guys since on my phone everything synced properly and I got all my notes back on evernote after installing and making an account.

-. typewrited .-
25th March 2015, 02:38 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2,205

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbass

HTC - explanation please?

If you want explanations from HTC then ask them directly. Do you really think they will answer any of your question here?

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayPetepp

That's really weird guys since on my phone everything synced properly and I got all my notes back on evernote after installing and making an account.

-. typewrited .-

can the old notes be restored in HTC Scibe app or its a totally different app? Have you tried?
26th March 2015, 01:29 AM |#8  
Flag Osijek

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

can the old notes be restored in HTC Scibe app or its a totally different app? Have you tried?

Seems to be a totally different app.
8th April 2015, 08:05 AM |#9  

More
Htc notes cannot be uninstalled
I got evernotes and all htc notes have got migrated to evernotes. now Notes application is still present in my phone and i am unable to remove it from there. not option available to uninstall. When i click to open, it go to playstore and opens all notes in evernote itself. Could some one tell me if you have faced this issue and resolved it.
I am using HTC one and Android 5.0.2 .
8th April 2015, 11:41 AM |#10  
Flag Osijek

Donate to Me
More
Didn't notice that before you mentioned it. Weird, but seems that's the order of things for now. Just use Evernote.
8th April 2015, 11:35 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2,205

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunsby

I got evernotes and all htc notes have got migrated to evernotes. now Notes application is still present in my phone and i am unable to remove it from there. not option available to uninstall. When i click to open, it go to playstore and opens all notes in evernote itself. Could some one tell me if you have faced this issue and resolved it.
I am using HTC one and Android 5.0.2 .

htc notes is a system app so you can only remove it if you have an unsecured kernel or using a custom recovery. Removing system app will result with not being able to install future ota updates which should not be an issue since the M7 shouldn't receive new ota updates... So I would simply use twrp's embedded file manger to remove htc notes app from /system.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread