[Q] HTC One Bricked

OP 1800Support

9th July 2014, 08:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I recently bricked my HTC One. It was stuck in a boot loop, so I flashed CWM onto it and then sideloaded the insert coin rom. After going through the installation my phone turned off. When I went to turn it on again the whole device was unresponsive, no lights, I cant get into the bootloader or recovery mode. Is there any way to fix this on my own?
9th July 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,193

3,086 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800Support

I recently bricked my HTC One. It was stuck in a boot loop, so I flashed CWM onto it and then sideloaded the insert coin rom. After going through the installation my phone turned off. When I went to turn it on again the whole device was unresponsive, no lights, I cant get into the bootloader or recovery mode. Is there any way to fix this on my own?

plug your phone to your computer via usb, open windows device manager. Is the phone listed somehow?
9th July 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

plug your phone to your computer via usb, open windows device manager. Is the phone listed somehow?

Nope, not listed in any of the drop down menus.
9th July 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #4  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,193

3,086 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800Support

Nope, not listed in any of the drop down menus.

well keep phone plugged to the wall charger a while then try to hold power until the phone boot or power + vol down. Do this under a bright light to activate the light sensor

if you can't make it boot there is not much we can do
9th July 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

well keep phone plugged to the wall charger a while then try to hold power until the phone boot or power + vol down. Do this under a bright light to activate the light sensor

if you can't make it boot there is not much we can do

Well it looks as if I'm pretty SOL for now. I will keep the phone charging for the next few days and will try to boot under a bright light. If none of that works I'll just have to get a new phone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread