Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,512 Members 41,588 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One convert to GPE

Tip us?
 
jeremy.hallden
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jan 2011
Question [Q] HTC One convert to GPE

Hi!

I'm trying to convert my HTC One to Google play edition to get rid of HTC Sense and to get faster updates.
I have followed these guides:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2766134
http://htc-one.wonderhowto.com/how-t...dates-0148068/

Here's some info about my phone:
hboot 1.57
m7_ul
5.11.401.10
cid: HTC__Y13 -> GOOGL001
modelid: PN0710000

What I've done:
- Unlocked bootloader via HTCDEV
- Installed TWRP
- Installed Super-User to get root
- (tried to get s-off with firewater which didnt work since i got a message about a HTC-anti-firewater-patch)
- Installed Bulletproof kernel to get passed the HTC-anti-firewater-patch
- Got s-off via firewater
- Tried to change my cid to GOOGL001 from HTC__Y13 - Got an error message, but after rebooting, fastboot getvar cid gives me GOOGL001...
- I now tried to install RUU-HTC_One_GE-4.4.2-3.62.1700.1_Rooted.zip but got annan error message: "read zipped android_info fail"

What have I done wrong?
Any ideas? (I have never installed an RUU before)

I'm thankful for any help
 
clsA
Old
#2  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 900
Posts: 3,397
Join Date: Aug 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.hallden View Post
Hi!

I'm trying to convert my HTC One to Google play edition to get rid of HTC Sense and to get faster updates.
I have followed these guides:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2766134
http://htc-one.wonderhowto.com/how-t...dates-0148068/

Here's some info about my phone:
hboot 1.57
m7_ul
5.11.401.10
cid: HTC__Y13 -> GOOGL001
modelid: PN0710000

What I've done:
- Unlocked bootloader via HTCDEV
- Installed TWRP
- Installed Super-User to get root
- (tried to get s-off with firewater which didnt work since i got a message about a HTC-anti-firewater-patch)
- Installed Bulletproof kernel to get passed the HTC-anti-firewater-patch
- Got s-off via firewater
- Tried to change my cid to GOOGL001 from HTC__Y13 - Got an error message, but after rebooting, fastboot getvar cid gives me GOOGL001...
- I now tried to install RUU-HTC_One_GE-4.4.2-3.62.1700.1_Rooted.zip but got annan error message: "read zipped android_info fail"

What have I done wrong?
Any ideas? (I have never installed an RUU before)

I'm thankful for any help
you never changed your MID ...you need PN0712000
the Mid change tool is here >> http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358538634
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

 
jeremy.hallden
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
you never changed your MID ...you need PN0712000
the Mid change tool is here >> URL
One of the sources I read that that I did not have to change it if it was listed in the text-file inside of the RUU-zip, which it was. But I'll try that, thanks!

I just noticed a weird thing now... my device is now S-ON again!!! Could this have happened automatically when the RUU-installation failed?
The bad part is that I can now longer get firewater to succeed. It randomly quits after 1 or 2 bottles, without error message
 
clsA
Old
(Last edited by clsA; 2nd July 2014 at 09:11 PM.)
#4  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 900
Posts: 3,397
Join Date: Aug 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.hallden View Post
One of the sources I read that that I did not have to change it if it was listed in the text-file inside of the RUU-zip, which it was. But I'll try that, thanks!

I just noticed a weird thing now... my device is now S-ON again!!! Could this have happened automatically when the RUU-installation failed?
The bad part is that I can now longer get firewater to succeed. It randomly quits after 1 or 2 bottles, without error message
no idea ...never heard of anyone loosing s-off
GPE is out without s-off
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes