Post Reply

[Q] HTC One M7 - Developers Edition - Boot Loop HELP!!!!

OP ash3m21

28th August 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Hello,
I am a newbie to the forum. I posses only limited knowledge.

I use a HTC one M7 developers editions. I dropped my phone and since then it had gone in a boot loop and I am not able to get through out of the home screen. It just keeps rebooting.

*** UNLOCKED ***
M7_ul S-ON
HBOOT - 1.57.0000
RADIO-4T.28.3218.04
OS - 6.07.1540.1

I tried to flash the RUU with the help of one of the threads here using an .exe file. As my phone was s-on, I was not able to use the zip. But it kept giving me a error 155. I then tried to have the s-off with FIREWATER to have an earlier RUU like 4.3 installed but I couldn't turn on the USB debugging from the inside of the phone.

I am not sure of what to do now. Any sort of help would be great.

Thanks a lot
28th August 2014, 02:07 AM   |  #2  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,178
 
3,065 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash3m21

Hello,
I am a newbie to the forum. I posses only limited knowledge.

I use a HTC one M7 developers editions. I dropped my phone and since then it had gone in a boot loop and I am not able to get through out of the home screen. It just keeps rebooting.

*** UNLOCKED ***
M7_ul S-ON
HBOOT - 1.57.0000
RADIO-4T.28.3218.04
OS - 6.07.1540.1

I tried to flash the RUU with the help of one of the threads here using an .exe file. As my phone was s-on, I was not able to use the zip. But it kept giving me a error 155. I then tried to have the s-off with FIREWATER to have an earlier RUU like 4.3 installed but I couldn't turn on the USB debugging from the inside of the phone.

I am not sure of what to do now. Any sort of help would be great.

Thanks a lot

that ruu can not be flashed on your phone, because it require s-off.

I think you probably have hardware damage since your phone started bootlooping after you have dropped it. however you could try to restore the 6.07.1540.1 nandroid backup posted in the dev edition update thread in the general section and see if your phone can boot normaly
28th August 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #3  
majmoz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 243
 
903 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash3m21

Hello,
I am a newbie to the forum. I posses only limited knowledge.

I use a HTC one M7 developers editions. I dropped my phone and since then it had gone in a boot loop and I am not able to get through out of the home screen. It just keeps rebooting.

*** UNLOCKED ***
M7_ul S-ON
HBOOT - 1.57.0000
RADIO-4T.28.3218.04
OS - 6.07.1540.1

I tried to flash the RUU with the help of one of the threads here using an .exe file. As my phone was s-on, I was not able to use the zip. But it kept giving me a error 155. I then tried to have the s-off with FIREWATER to have an earlier RUU like 4.3 installed but I couldn't turn on the USB debugging from the inside of the phone.

I am not sure of what to do now. Any sort of help would be great.

Thanks a lot

There is no RUU for your version, the RUU you tried to run was a lower version and you can not run a lower version with being S-ON. If you have TWRP installed you can try to flash a nandroid 6.07.1540.1.
28th August 2014, 08:58 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz

There is no RUU for your version, the RUU you tried to run was a lower version and you can not run a lower version with being S-ON. If you have TWRP installed you can try to flash a nandroid 6.07.1540.1.

@majmoz : My phone did not have TWRP before. And I am not sure how to restore an android as my phone won't even open recovery !! Do you think I can still get something from the phone? Any ideas would be really helpful!!

Thanks
28th August 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #5  
majmoz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 243
 
903 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash3m21

@majmoz : My phone did not have TWRP before. And I am not sure how to restore an android as my phone won't even open recovery !! Do you think I can still get something from the phone? Any ideas would be really helpful!!

Thanks

If you can not get USB Debugging enabled, there is not much you can do except send the phone in for repair.
28th August 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #6  
yatindroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jaipur
Thanks Meter: 369
 
1,407 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz

If you can not get USB Debugging enabled, there is not much you can do except send the phone in for repair.

usb debugging not needed with fastboot he can flash TWRP
28th August 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #7  
jhakjhuk1853's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 21
 
135 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Donate to Me
More
i have the same problem
i have same problem as above
mine is htc 038 indian version soff phone it keeps rebooting
tried every possible method from ruu to custom rom no luck
phone keeps on rebooting every 10 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatindroid

usb debugging not needed with fastboot he can flash TWRP

28th August 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #8  
majmoz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 243
 
903 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash3m21

@majmoz : My phone did not have TWRP before. And I am not sure how to restore an android as my phone won't even open recovery !! Do you think I can still get something from the phone? Any ideas would be really helpful!!

Thanks

Let try these steps:
1. If you don't have fastboot and adb installed then use Minimal ADB & Fastboot TooL to install them. We will not be able to use the ADB commands but we will be able to use the fastboot commands.
2. Download and place in your adb and fastboot folder TWRP 2.7.1.2 and firmware 6.07.1540.1 (the unmodified one) rename to firmware.zip
3, We need to boot the phone into bootloader. Completely power off your phone. Once the phone is off, press and hold the Power Button + Vol Down the phone will boot into the bootloader. Using the Vol Buttons will move the selection up and down. Highlight or select FASTBOOT, then press the Pwr button to select. Once selected, you should see FASTBOOT where it previously said HBOOT.
4. Connect your phone to the computer, it should say FASTBOOT USB.
5. In the command window type the following commands:
Code:
fastboot devices    

Note: Should see your "serial number        device" Copy down your serial number
Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU 

Note: You should see a silver HTC logo come up on your phone after executing this command.
Note: if this command freezes, just disconnect the USB cable and hold the power and volume down buttons until the device reboots. Then, repeat the steps above again.
Code:
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip

Note: This will fail, message to say "please flush image again immediately" Just run the command again!
Code:
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip

Note: The green bar on the phone may not go to 100% of the bar ... but If you see completed on your computer command window, wait for a few seconds and move on.
Code:
fastboot reboot

Note: Your phone should boot up normally
If it doesn't or you just want to put the nandroid on your phone here is how it is done:

Unzip the nandroid and it will make its own folders on your PC. Since you don't have TWRP installed on your phone you will need to make some folders. Connect your phone to your PC, once it is connected open the Internal Storage folder. Here make a new folder called TWRP. Open that folder make a folder called BACKUPS. Open that folder and make a new folder the name will be your serial number that you copied earlier. Now copy the entire folder the nandroid made earlier to this folder.

Now boot into the bootloader like you did earlier.
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.7.1.2-m7.img
Code:
fastboot erase cache
Code:
fastboot reboot-bootloader
Once back in the bootloader, select bootloader and on the next screen select Recovery. When TWRP boots up you will have a number of tiles Backup is one and Restore is another. For sanity sake, I would backup the present system before I restored the nandroid. When you select Restore you should see two if you made a backup the one with the name of the file folder you moved is the nandroid backup. Select it and once it is complete select reboot system and you are done.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes