Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 52,953 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S-On (Re)Locked Stock GPe Bootloop Discussion

Tip us?

joe7wu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Unhappy [Q] S-On (Re)Locked Stock GPe Bootloop Discussion

Shall we have a centralized place for discussion (or better, solutions) related to the bootloop issue happened on HTC One GPe? Apparently I'm not the only one in this situation, and having a single thread will help others to find the solution more easily.

The problems are basically having a soft bricked GPe and only bootloader is accessible. The GPe device is real, S-On, locked or relocked, with stock firmware of OS-3.58.1700.5 and HBOOT 1.54, but without a working rom.

1. flashing the GPe RUU by graffixnyc from this thread won't work because of the signature verification failure, which makes sense since it's not signed by HTC (the firmware.zip flashes through because it's signed by HTC).

2. fastboot oem unlock does not work and shows the following error:
Code:
(bootloader) [PG_ERROR] htc_pg_part_traverse(839):
(bootloader) invalid traverse range
(bootloader) [PG_ERROR] htc_pg_part_read(1029):
(bootloader) htc_pg_part_traverse failed
(bootloader) [DISPLAY_ERR] sp_custom partition: unlock_disp_buf.img_buf r
(bootloader) ead error!
(bootloader) [DISPLAY_ERR] Can not load custom splash!
(bootloader) Loading custom splash failed!
OKAY [ 0.543s]
finished. total time: 0.543s
3. fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin fails silently, i.e. the confirmation screen does not show up on device.

4. trying s-off the device is not feasible without a working rom and unlocked bootloader.

5. fastboot boot <custom_recovery>.img fails for both CWM and TWRP:
Code:
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [  1.123s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time: 1.123s
6. fastboot erase cache and factory reset does not help.

Any other options so we could have a try? @nkk71 @SaHiLzZ
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joe7wu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 417
Thank you for creating this thread. The same issue is happening for converted devices with relocked bootloader as well.
I'm out of options as neither fastboot oem unlock nor fastboot flash token unlock.bin are working, and without these not much to do.

joe7wu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ View Post
Thank you for creating this thread. The same issue is happening for converted devices with relocked bootloader as well.
I'm out of options as neither fastboot oem unlock nor fastboot flash token unlock.bin are working, and without these not much to do.
It seems like some mechanism has been changed in the latest firmware that prevents the original unlocking method.

AmirH
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This seems to be happening more and more. I'm in the same boat. Tried to update a GPe HTC One and got stuck.

I have contacted HTC support as stated in this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2492469&page=5

They we able to help get his up and running. Hopefully they can help me out to with out the need to pay extra charges.

I will update on the progress, but seeing as we are entering the weekend, it will probably only be next week.

I miss my phone
RIP:
HTC Sapphire, HTC myTouch Slide, Samsung Vibrant, HTC DesireHD, Motorola Milestone, Motorola Atrix 4G, Samsung Galaxy SII, Viewsonic gTablet, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, LG Nexus 4, Asus Nexus 7

Alive and well:
HTC One - Google Play Edition
Samsung Nexus 10

Stevefr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the thread and the clear summary. I have exactly the same issue with my stock Gpe and am anxiously waiting for a solution.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mderksen
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe7wu View Post
It seems like some mechanism has been changed in the latest firmware that prevents the original unlocking method.
Create a new unlock_code.bin file using htcdev.com. This worked for me. I tried to use a unlock_code.bin file which i used when using Sense. This older bin-file didn't work so i tried to create a new one. This worked for me and my bootloader is unlocked now.

AmirH
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mderksen View Post
Create a new unlock_code.bin file using htcdev.com. This worked for me. I tried to use a unlock_code.bin file which i used when using Sense. This older bin-file didn't work so i tried to create a new one. This worked for me and my bootloader is unlocked now.
I think he is talking about the method on the device, not from HTC Dev.

On the device, using "fastboot oem unlock" or the HTC Dev method dosent work.
As stated above the first returns an error and the .bin method shows a success message, but nothing actually happens.

This is my situation anyways.
RIP:
HTC Sapphire, HTC myTouch Slide, Samsung Vibrant, HTC DesireHD, Motorola Milestone, Motorola Atrix 4G, Samsung Galaxy SII, Viewsonic gTablet, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, LG Nexus 4, Asus Nexus 7

Alive and well:
HTC One - Google Play Edition
Samsung Nexus 10

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 417
Any one with locked, not relocked bootloader having the same issue. Wonder how Google will fix this..

alcaloide_
Old
(Last edited by alcaloide_; 29th November 2013 at 04:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
+1 I'm having the same problem

Edit: They should make this a sticky thread for as long as the problem exist

The_Doctor_Who
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I am also having the same issue on my google play edition. S-On. I reflashed a stock recovery image so I could update to stock ROM. Now, I am stuck in a bootloop. I cannot reload any kind of custom recovery (I say that I can't. When I do, the phone will not boot into recovery. It just jumps to the Google screen, attempts to load the OS and then restarts). I AM able to unlock and relock using fastboot oem unlock and lock. I've attempted to reload the firmware and it seems to work (via cmd loading), but the loop process begins again. I attempted to flash a 4.3 firmware I found, but received the blue screen of nothingness when I did.

I'm lost. Possibly only solution is sending back in for repair. I just got the phone and this is annoying as heck..