Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 38,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Video Guide] How To Unlock Bootloader & Root - USER FRIENDLY

Tip us?

TheSmokingAndroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 612
Video [Video Guide] How To Unlock Bootloader & Root - USER FRIENDLY

Hey folks, i know that for some, unlocking bootloaders and rooting for the first time can be a bit overwhelming, so i put together a video, walking you through step by step. I hope this helps at least 1 of you

The toolkit in this video guide was developed by hasson2000, so big props and thanks go out to him! You can find his toolkit here

To the moderators. hasson2000 has asked that folks request his permission to use his work in posts ect.. So i did ask, but he never responded... So since this is doing no harm and only helping people, i assume you won't mind this posted here If you do want to take it down, i won't fight you on it.

If you folks have any questions, i strongly recommend you go to hasson2000s toolkit thread, linked above, and ask there.

Cheers
The Following 61 Users Say Thank You to TheSmokingAndroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shad0wStorm
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Very Helpful

Shad0wStorm
Old
Thanks Meter 43
I'm still stuck on waiting for device.
I was going in that Tool thread but I'm not allowed to post there yet.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

OnYourKnees
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Nice. Thanks much!!

omar01709
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you so much for the vid, I used it to unlock my bootloader and also installed TWRP... It worked a treat

My issue is that I want to flash the 1.29 OTA onto my EE-branded 4G HTC One. I've downloaded this version: OTA_M7_UL_JB_50_HTC_Europe_1.29.401.12-1.28.401.7_release_315849_signedp7vl8dqsvls0h1t0.z ip from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2207874. I have attempted to Flash my own recovery, but am unsure as to which .img file to use and also which option in the bootloader to select. I've searched all throughout these forums, but to no avail

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

aaroh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
any one have any alternative link to the all in one toolkit by hasoon looks like the link is broken?

matt95
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,334

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroh View Post
any one have any alternative link to the all in one toolkit by hasoon looks like the link is broken?
right here

Donate and support my studies at the MIT University! Unruu HTC RUUs | Setup Android Development Environment on Ubuntu | Decrypt HTC RUUs

phewBAR
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Thanks, this worked like a charm!
This is my first Android phone and reading all of this did seem scary, but watching the video and doing it myself.. pretty easy!

P05TMAN
Old
Thanks Meter 76
So, there is no way to root this device without unlocking it first? I've also read that after you unlock, you loose some apps & obviously OTA updates......4.2.2 is rumored to be out for this device any time now. Is there anyway to preserve those apps, possibly update phone (even manually) or just root without unlocking?

matt95
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,334

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by P05TMAN View Post
So, there is no way to root this device without unlocking it first? I've also read that after you unlock, you loose some apps & obviously OTA updates......4.2.2 is rumored to be out for this device any time now. Is there anyway to preserve those apps, possibly update phone (even manually) or just root without unlocking?
you won't loose any apps if you unlock, you will lose all of your files though... and you can still receive OTAs is you are unlocked, you just need to have the stock rom and a stock recovery...

Donate and support my studies at the MIT University! Unruu HTC RUUs | Setup Android Development Environment on Ubuntu | Decrypt HTC RUUs

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matt95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]