No registration required

No MMS after 4.4.2

OP EMitch

6th March 2014, 05:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
Hello,

I have an AT&T HTC One running a Straight Talk (ATT LTE) SIM. When I first had the phone everything was running great. Great speeds, SMS, MMS, etc. Now, for some reason, I no longer get any MMS! I still get full speeds and regular messages, but not pictures or group messages (sending or receiving).

We set my wife's S3 Mini up the same way, and she is able to get everything (minus LTE for obvious reasons). The only difference is that I updated to 4.4.2.

I've tried every single ST APN I can find, and still am not able to send/receiving any MMS's. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks.

P.S. If this is in the wrong area, I apologize.
The Following User Says Thank You to EMitch For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #2  

15 posts
I am having the same issue. SMS works fine, no MMS. MMS just sits in Undelivered status.

Running rooted 4.4.2, S-OFF, Bulletproof Kernel.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bmcglone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #3  
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,405

3,625 posts
Donate to Me
More
unfortunately same for me. Already double checked APN settings and network types.

Tried many different APN from my carrier and still no MMS, mobile data is working good.

When I try to send/receive a MMS I can see the mobile data icon appear briefly but no data get transferred.

Already contacted my carrier. Tech support said my apn was properly set and that everything on their side was good (in my account).

I might try to downgrade my sw soon so I can see if its really 4.4.2 that is causing this. I'll report back.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
Thanks for the replies! Glad it isn't just me. I've even tried using other Messenger apps, but still nothing.
7th March 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Same here. HTC ONE at&t on Straight Talk service. No mms after update. This is so frustrating! I was on the phone with ST yesterday for a few hours and they are all clueless on how to fix it. The only advice I got was to downgrade back to 4.3
9th March 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

unfortunately same for me. Already double checked APN settings and network types.

Tried many different APN from my carrier and still no MMS, mobile data is working good.

When I try to send/receive a MMS I can see the mobile data icon appear briefly but no data get transferred.

Already contacted my carrier. Tech support said my apn was properly set and that everything on their side was good (in my account).

I might try to downgrade my sw soon so I can see if its really 4.4.2 that is causing this. I'll report back.

Any word yet? I've made zero progress so far contacting both HTC and Straight Talk.
9th March 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #7  
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,405

3,625 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMitch

Any word yet? I've made zero progress so far contacting both HTC and Straight Talk.

No, I'll probably downgrade and test this week when I'll have time. I'll keep you informed.
9th March 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #8  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 249

1,001 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMitch

Hello,

I have an AT&T HTC One running a Straight Talk (ATT LTE) SIM. When I first had the phone everything was running great. Great speeds, SMS, MMS, etc. Now, for some reason, I no longer get any MMS! I still get full speeds and regular messages, but not pictures or group messages (sending or receiving).

We set my wife's S3 Mini up the same way, and she is able to get everything (minus LTE for obvious reasons). The only difference is that I updated to 4.4.2.

I've tried every single ST APN I can find, and still am not able to send/receiving any MMS's. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks.

P.S. If this is in the wrong area, I apologize.

I've noticed this issue since T-Mobile updated mine to 4.4.2. However, I think I've figured out a workaround. I had checked APN, everything was fine. But, I use wi-fi most of the time. I couldn't receive any MMS, people would say they sent me stuff but I never got it, or I'd get a message that "can't be downloaded". So, when I was talking to a friend, I had him send me an MMS. I didn't get it. But, I turned off the Wi-Fi and suddenly the MMS appeared. We tested it over and over again. With wi-fi connected I can't receive MMS, as soon as wi-fi disconnects, the MMS are immediately downloaded. A big bug in the 4.4.2 I think.
10th March 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzi0719

I've noticed this issue since T-Mobile updated mine to 4.4.2. However, I think I've figured out a workaround. I had checked APN, everything was fine. But, I use wi-fi most of the time. I couldn't receive any MMS, people would say they sent me stuff but I never got it, or I'd get a message that "can't be downloaded". So, when I was talking to a friend, I had him send me an MMS. I didn't get it. But, I turned off the Wi-Fi and suddenly the MMS appeared. We tested it over and over again. With wi-fi connected I can't receive MMS, as soon as wi-fi disconnects, the MMS are immediately downloaded. A big bug in the 4.4.2 I think.

No change for mine on or off WiFi. Interesting that it isn't just Straight Talk it seems.
10th March 2014, 03:04 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 3

90 posts
More
dame here everything works fine but pictures smh wtf can someone please figure it out , lol

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread