No registration required

Question [Q] TWRP ADB Sideload Issue?

OP MASantangelo

28th August 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hello all,

I can use my HTC One in fastboot and when booted into Android via ADB commands just fine. Windows 7 recognizes the device and lets me communicate with it.

When I boot into TWRP and select ADB Sideload, it reports the device as Unknown Device in Device Manager. I cannot use any ADB commands with it.

Any ideas? Is there a specific driver I need to install? The ones I used for normal Android don't seem to work!

-Mike
28th August 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,378

3,585 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASantangelo

Hello all,

I can use my HTC One in fastboot and when booted into Android via ADB commands just fine. Windows 7 recognizes the device and lets me communicate with it.

When I boot into TWRP and select ADB Sideload, it reports the device as Unknown Device in Device Manager. I cannot use any ADB commands with it.

Any ideas? Is there a specific driver I need to install? The ones I used for normal Android don't seem to work!

-Mike

install latest driver and make sure you are using latest adb version + twrp 2.6.3.3/.4
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th August 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

install latest driver and make sure you are using latest adb version + twrp 2.6.3.3/.4

I am running ADB version 1.0.31

Do I have to be using TWRP 2.6.3.3/.4? I am currently on 2.7.1.1.

The latest driver for HTC One? Could you point me in the right direction? There are a lot of conflicting pieces of information here.
29th August 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

Very weird! I am using the Universal from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...naked-t2513339

And it works at home but not at my work machine. Very interesting.

Thanks anyways!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread