FORUMS

Time-Lapse with ChronoSnap – XDA App Review

Some of the most interesting pictures are time-lapse animations that capture the … more

XeroAsh Theme for CM12

This theme by XDA Senior Member balrajs99 features a black and slate gray UI that gives your phone a … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

HTC One M7 IMEI

3rd September 2014, 01:33 AM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Is it possible to check if the IMEI on a phone is legit or changed ? The sim tray is a replacement, so there is no IMEI on it. How else can i check to make sure the IMEI hasn't been changed ?
 
 
3rd September 2014, 04:30 AM |#2  
Uzephi's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 544
 
Donate to Me
More
On This phone, I don't think you can change the imei, short of a motherboard swap. In the bootloader (with phone turned on, hold down power until it reboots, then hold down vol down and power) run the command below. The text that spits out will have all the phone info.

fastboot getvar all

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app
3rd September 2014, 04:47 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Reason why i am asking is that the sim card stopped working (never worked since i got the phone). I sent it in for repair with the carrier as it was still under warranty and they say the imei has been changed and doesn't match the sim tray. The sim tray was something i bought of craigslist as this phone didn't have one to start with.

I called HTC with the serial number and imei and they said they match. I am thinking of sending it to HTC for repair, but want to be sure nothing was changed as then i would get dinged service fee.

Would appreciate the help.
3rd September 2014, 04:58 AM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzephi

On This phone, I don't think you can change the imei, short of a motherboard swap. In the bootloader (with phone turned on, hold down power until it reboots, then hold down vol down and power) run the command below. The text that spits out will have all the phone info.

fastboot getvar all

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.57.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.27.3218.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 5.11.666.8
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: HTxx
(bootloader) imei: xx
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: BM___001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3848mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-e47fb74b
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
3rd September 2014, 05:12 AM |#5  
Uzephi's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 544
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhawk_la

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.57.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.27.3218.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 5.11.666.8
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: HTxx
(bootloader) imei: xx
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: BM___001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3848mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-e47fb74b
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!

If all that matches with what the Rom tells you (in settings/phone info), then you are all good. Also HTC did say serial and imei matched so you are good to go

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app
3rd September 2014, 05:20 AM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzephi

If all that matches with what the Rom tells you (in settings/phone info), then you are all good. Also HTC did say serial and imei matched so you are good to go

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app

But isnt what you see with getvar is the same info in the settings ? Its all software info regardless where you look at ?
3rd September 2014, 09:37 AM |#7  
Uzephi's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 544
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhawk_la

But isnt what you see with getvar is the same info in the settings ? Its all software info regardless where you look at ?

Getvar info is firmware and hardware response, not software

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app
3rd September 2014, 09:29 PM |#8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Appreciate the help Uzephi.
Last edited by warhawk_la; 4th September 2014 at 05:20 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes