Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Why does My HTC One M7 Turns Off After Factory Reset?

OP thegreatmikesby

18th July 2014, 08:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hey guys. I'm planning on selling my HTC One M7 since I recently upgraded. I did a full data reset to bring it back to how it was out of the box. I then SIM unlocked it with my unlock code and currently don't have a SIM sitting in it.

When you turn it on it'll bring up the Get Started/Emergency screen so you can begin to set up your new phone. Everything looked good, so I let the screen timeout. A little while later I come back and find the phone turned off on it's own. I power it back on and see it still has a lot of battery left. I leave it alone again and about 2 hours later I find it turned off again.

Is something wrong with the phone? It was working great up until I did the reset and now this happens. Or is it maybe some sort of power mode thing that shuts it off on it's own after a while since it hasn't been set up yet. I've tried to Google for answers, but come up with nothing.

Help! Thanks!
18th July 2014, 09:41 PM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,386

3,589 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatmikesby

Or is it maybe some sort of power mode thing that shuts it off on it's own after a while since it hasn't been set up yet. I've tried to Google for answers, but come up with nothing.

probably, only way to know is to go trough the setup and see if it reboot again, then you could factory reset the phone again.
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st July 2014, 11:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

probably, only way to know is to go trough the setup and see if it reboot again, then you could factory reset the phone again.

Thanks. That did the trick. Once the phone was setup, no more problem. I guess it must be a power saving thing while still in fresh out of box mode.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread