Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 54,006 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Why does My HTC One M7 Turns Off After Factory Reset?

Tip us?

thegreatmikesby
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Why does My HTC One M7 Turns Off After Factory Reset?

Hey guys. I'm planning on selling my HTC One M7 since I recently upgraded. I did a full data reset to bring it back to how it was out of the box. I then SIM unlocked it with my unlock code and currently don't have a SIM sitting in it.

When you turn it on it'll bring up the Get Started/Emergency screen so you can begin to set up your new phone. Everything looked good, so I let the screen timeout. A little while later I come back and find the phone turned off on it's own. I power it back on and see it still has a lot of battery left. I leave it alone again and about 2 hours later I find it turned off again.

Is something wrong with the phone? It was working great up until I did the reset and now this happens. Or is it maybe some sort of power mode thing that shuts it off on it's own after a while since it hasn't been set up yet. I've tried to Google for answers, but come up with nothing.

Help! Thanks!

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1,098

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatmikesby View Post
Or is it maybe some sort of power mode thing that shuts it off on it's own after a while since it hasn't been set up yet. I've tried to Google for answers, but come up with nothing.
probably, only way to know is to go trough the setup and see if it reboot again, then you could factory reset the phone again.
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thegreatmikesby
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
probably, only way to know is to go trough the setup and see if it reboot again, then you could factory reset the phone again.
Thanks. That did the trick. Once the phone was setup, no more problem. I guess it must be a power saving thing while still in fresh out of box mode.