How to Control Both Moto G and Moto E LEDs

Notification LEDs offer a great way to check for notification at a glance on the Moto G (2013) and … more

LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] HTC One Sence 6.0 update

OP Hmld

23rd July 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi guys,
need your help.

2 days ago my phone (HTC One M7_UL) said there is a great update for me - new Sence 6.0 and etc. (about 700 - 800 MB total). I agreed to update it, but, probably battery wasn't charge so I get a phone with just a black screen.

After two days of tryings to recover it I did it - I download from this forum a ROM and successfully wrote it on device.

Sence 6.0 is looking great, but my question is:
previously there was an option 'Check for software updates', but now I can't see it in 'Settings-About'. Did I do smth wrong? Cause now I have my phone as 'Unlocked, Tampered' with S-on. Will I be able to get OTA updates?

Please, help me, it's my first android smartphone, I will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
24th July 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #2  
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 344

1,178 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmld

Hi guys,
need your help.

2 days ago my phone (HTC One M7_UL) said there is a great update for me - new Sence 6.0 and etc. (about 700 - 800 MB total). I agreed to update it, but, probably battery wasn't charge so I get a phone with just a black screen.

After two days of tryings to recover it I did it - I download from this forum a ROM and successfully wrote it on device.

Sence 6.0 is looking great, but my question is:
previously there was an option 'Check for software updates', but now I can't see it in 'Settings-About'. Did I do smth wrong? Cause now I have my phone as 'Unlocked, Tampered' with S-on. Will I be able to get OTA updates?

Please, help me, it's my first android smartphone, I will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Did you install the odex version? On mine, in the Settings -> About at the top it states Software updates! The odex version is pure stock and will be able to receive the OTA providing you have the stock recovery and boot.img installed. The de-odex version is not able to receive OTA updates and I am guessing it doesn't have Software updates on it's menu. If you installed the wrong one just download and install the odex version.
24th July 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz

Did you install the odex version? On mine, in the Settings -> About at the top it states Software updates! The odex version is pure stock and will be able to receive the OTA providing you have the stock recovery and boot.img installed. The de-odex version is not able to receive OTA updates and I am guessing it doesn't have Software updates on it's menu. If you installed the wrong one just download and install the odex version.

Hi, thank for reply

Yes, I installed odex version. I am not interested in custom ROMs, just want to restore my phone to it's stock version, so that I could load OTAs.
My phone is unlocked, s-on, tampered (after I was trying to return it to life)

When I go About -> Software Information - only I can see :
1) Android version (4.4.2)
2) HTC Sence version (6.0)
3) Software number (Android Revolution HD71.1 by mike 1986)
4) HTC SDK API level (6.20)
And button 'More'

But now button 'Check for updates'

Also, I tried to install from htc1guru Reset ROM. Installed it. I had Sence 5.5 and Android 4.3. There I had 'Check for updates' button - but after pressing it - it said there are no updates.

What should I do to be able to get OTAs?

Thanks a lot
Last edited by Hmld; 24th July 2014 at 01:03 AM.
24th July 2014, 01:06 AM   |  #4  
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 6

21 posts
Donate to Me
More
Follow this thread to gain 100% stock.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2358738
24th July 2014, 01:19 AM   |  #5  
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 344

1,178 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmld

Hi, thank for reply

Yes, I installed odex version. I am not interested in custom ROMs, just want to restore my phone to it's stock version, so that I could load OTAs.
My phone is unlocked, s-on, tampered (after I was trying to return it to life)

When I go About -> Software Information - only I can see :
1) Android version (4.4.2)
2) HTC Sence version (6.0)
3) Software number (Android Revolution HD71.1 by mike 1986)
4) HTC SDK API level (6.20)
And button 'More'

But now button 'Check for updates'

What should I do to be able to get OTAs?

Thanks a lot

It looks like you still have ARHD71.1 on your phone. Go to this site and follow Method #1. Flash 4.19.401.11 version and select stock radio and recovery in aroma. After you have the stock recovery and rom back on your phone your last step will be to relock your bootloader with the command: fastboot oem lock Then you should be able to receive the Sense 6 OTA.
24th July 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz

It looks like you still have ARHD71.1 on your phone. Go to this site and follow Method #1. Flash 4.19.401.11 version and select stock radio and recovery in aroma. After you have the stock recovery and rom back on your phone your last step will be to relock your bootloader with the command: fastboot oem lock Then you should be able to receive the Sense 6 OTA.

I tried, now it has Android 4.4.2, Sense 5.5. But when I tap on 'Check for updates' - it says 'There are no updates available for your phone'
Last edited by Hmld; 24th July 2014 at 02:54 PM.
24th July 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #7  
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 6

21 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiel0912

Follow this thread to gain 100% stock.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2358738

Try this method.
24th July 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #8  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 99

524 posts
More
I'd rather try THIS method, think it is easier because you do not have to re-root phone after flash ruu.zip. Yesterday I successfully revert back to 100% stock with that method.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snebojsa
Another question: you sad that the order of doing things is:
1. Get rid of tampered ad lock bootloader
2. Then flash ruu.zip

In THIS thread by Crushalot sad that first you have to flash ruu.zip THEN get rid of tampered and lock bootloader. What is the right order, or that is irrelevant?

Quote:

if you are following my RUU.EXE or RUU.ZIP method, then you need to 1st remove tampered and set locked.

why? because once you flash the ruu.zip, it will overwrite custom recovery (needed for the adb commands / bootloader reset tool) with the stock recovery, which doesn't allow adb commands or bootloader reset tool.

after a successful ruu flash, everything will be 100% stock.
to double check, bootup once to make sure the phone is booting OK, and everything was wiped,

but, if you intend on going S-ON do not take OTAs, go back to bootloader and S-ON (as always, I do not recommend it)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread