[Q] HTC One... Soft brick?

1st September 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
A friend recently gifted me a used One that he had previously unlocked and rooted, but returned to stock. I am attempting to unlock, root, and SIM unlock it. (It is sprint, I want to use it on att)

I do not know a lot about the One, I am not a huge fan of HTC in general as it seems that their phones were always overly complicated to work on.

I successfully unlocked the bootloader and threw clockworkmod recovery on, which is when the problems started. Since then, I was no longer able to boot the phone...

Then, as usual, the tampered message showed in my HBOOT menu.

I installed twrp recovery but that failed to work, so I then realized I had not downloaded the version for Sprint HTC Ones. After downloading the correct version, it does boot into recovery.

However, I cant seem to install any roms (this includes through ADB). It throws the error message "FAILED remote not allowed"

So Im sort of in a bind here, and I thought maybe someone with more knowledge about the One could help me out. Is the sprint version even capable of use on an ATT network, and if so, can someone please tell me how on earth I can fix this thing? I want to make a backup phone for use due to the fact that I'd like to sell my nexus 5 and buy a Oneplus One.

Thanks a ton!
1st September 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Any help here? I still haven't been able to fix this. I've been trying several different recoverys, roms, etc. I also tried to reboot the phone to RUU but that was no help either. Remote errors..
1st September 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #3  
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 195

740 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanLovesToast

Any help here? I still haven't been able to fix this. I've been trying several different recoverys, roms, etc. I also tried to reboot the phone to RUU but that was no help either. Remote errors..

The Sprint HTC One is a CDMA phone and the AT&T is a GSM. They have different radios and partitions. Since it is a Sprint phone, you need to make sure you only put Sprint compatablile software on your phone, if you don't you will end up bricked. You might find more resources to help you at the Sprint HTC One forum. This forum is primarily for the GSM variants. I don't know which RUU you ran but you might want to find out what is really on your phone by running a fastboot getvar all on your phone. It will tell you what hboot, firmware, security, etc. Depending on your status, you can only flash certain RUU's.
1st September 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Thank you very much for the info. Problem is, I was unable to even try using an RUU because it gives me the error that the phone is not even connected to the computer..
1st September 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #5  
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 195

740 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanLovesToast

Thank you very much for the info. Problem is, I was unable to even try using an RUU because it gives me the error that the phone is not even connected to the computer..

Check nkk71's post the first three or four questions may help you out. But like I said, you really need to go to the Sprint forum and post your questions there because what works for one variant may not work for the other variants.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread