No registration required

My HTC One is soft-bricked(?) and i have no idea what to do

OP George Kayogre

18th August 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Hello,

My phone is not rooted. All i've been doing is downloading apps. It was still on factory setting, with no custom roms. I've been keeping up w/ the updates and i don't recall anything "special" happening before it was bricked yesterday night.

I tried accessing the fastboot screen (vol down + power button), and tried recovering, rebooting, and factory resetting, and they all sent it back to a freezing boot screen.
Using Hasoon2000's HTC One All-In-One Toolkit, I tried to boot it into bootloader, after a couple of hours, I saw a black screen w/ a red triangle in the middle, and after that, it just went back to being frozen at the Htc boot screen.

I have no idea what to do, any suggestions would help.

Thank You
-George Kayogre
Last edited by George Kayogre; 18th August 2014 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Re-posted to Htc One forum
19th August 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #2  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,247

4,530 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Kayogre

Hello,

My phone is not rooted. All i've been doing is downloading apps. It was still on factory setting, with no custom roms. I've been keeping up w/ the updates and i don't recall anything "special" happening before it was bricked yesterday night.

I tried accessing the fastboot screen (vol down + power button), and tried recovering, rebooting, and factory resetting, and they all sent it back to a freezing boot screen.
Using Hasoon2000's HTC One All-In-One Toolkit, I tried to boot it into bootloader, after a couple of hours, I saw a black screen w/ a red triangle in the middle, and after that, it just went back to being frozen at the Htc boot screen.

I have no idea what to do, any suggestions would help.

Thank You
-George Kayogre

Unzip this to your desktop and open a command window from it's folder (right click - command prompt here)
plug in your phone to the pc boot to the bootloader with power + volume down

type fastboot devices
your phone serial number should be listed

now type fastboot erase cache
it should say something about formatting cache
now fastboot reboot

hopefully your phone will boot back up
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fastboot.zip - [Click for QR Code] (542.6 KB, 7 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread