Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,524 Members 41,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One Soft bricked many problems leading to more problems!

Tip us?

smokeytime420
Old
(Last edited by smokeytime420; 28th July 2014 at 04:49 AM.) Reason: provoding better insructions to a possible solution
Thanks Meter 0
Default had similar issue but i have sprints version of m7

The only way I got an ruu to run on my phone was by relocking the boot loader and
running a ruu.exe from the computer one thing to make sure about when finding the
ruu is you have to make sure it's for the same android and sense version currently
on the phone when u have the right ruu follow instructions
1.) Go to Fastboot
2.) Run the commands
fastboot oem lock
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot oem rebootRUU
3.) Run the RUU
The first command locks your bootloader (allowing RUU), the third command allows the RUU to run on your phone without having to actually boot all the way (normally it just boots into this screen for you).

darkmeridian
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeytime420 View Post
The only way I got an ruu to run on my phone was by relocking the boot loader and
running a ruu.exe from the computer one thing to make sure about when finding the
ruu is you have to make sure it's for the same android and sense version currently
on the phone when u have the right ruu follow instructions
1.) Go to Fastboot
2.) Run the commands
fastboot oem lock
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot oem rebootRUU
3.) Run the RUU
The first command locks your bootloader (allowing RUU), the third command allows the RUU to run on your phone without having to actually boot all the way (normally it just boots into this screen for you).
Thanks for the remember. I actually did know that you have unlock the boot loader in order to run the RUU but I'm not sure if everyone else is aware of that.

smokeytime420
Old
(Last edited by smokeytime420; 29th July 2014 at 07:47 AM.) Reason: forgot a few things
Thanks Meter 0
Default sorry new to the sharing what i have done

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmeridian View Post
Thanks for the remember. I actually did know that you have unlock the boot loader in order to run the RUU but I'm not sure if everyone else is aware of that.
Sorry didn't specify better first time actually talking about thing's I had done to get my phone going again I had found a ruu.exe for my sprint HTC one m7wls on android 4.4.3 with sense 5.5 it want easy finding it but that's how I got my phone back I went back to stock Rom and rerooted also if your not on sprint you will need to find out which ruu.exe you need there are a lot variants of Tue HTC one m7
Hope this helps
O ya to run a ruu.exe the bootloader has to be relocked or locked for this method to work this was the only way I could get anything to work on my phone