Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 40,056 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One Sprint M7 /data can't be mounted or written to

Tip us?

Unecstatic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC One Sprint M7 /data can't be mounted or written to

So I'm pretty sure I messed up big time and now the phone either stays on the HTC loading screen or I can go play in bootloader or TWRP. I'm more than certain it's the /data that is the problem. I can't push anything to that folder using abd. I tried using different RUUs that were for Sprint which were different versions and they all came up that the phone could not be upgraded which I'm assuming comes from the fact that the phone doesn't have an OS or that it can't write to /data any help would be greatly appreciated i'll be here all night so if anyone wants to walk me through this or tell me I should just throw it out the window please do so, thanks!

majmoz
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unecstatic View Post
So I'm pretty sure I messed up big time and now the phone either stays on the HTC loading screen or I can go play in bootloader or TWRP. I'm more than certain it's the /data that is the problem. I can't push anything to that folder using abd. I tried using different RUUs that were for Sprint which were different versions and they all came up that the phone could not be upgraded which I'm assuming comes from the fact that the phone doesn't have an OS or that it can't write to /data any help would be greatly appreciated i'll be here all night so if anyone wants to walk me through this or tell me I should just throw it out the window please do so, thanks!
Try this fix from Android Revolution.

Unecstatic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I actually did try that one which gave me more false hope, but in better news I figured it out! The newest version of TWRP doesn't like wiping /data for some reason so when I flashed an older version it worked just fine :P Thanks for trying though.