Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,443 Members 38,741 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What should I do with my HTC One ?

Tip us?

Thomas !
Old
(Last edited by Thomas !; 2nd July 2014 at 11:21 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Sign [Q] What should I do with my HTC One ?

Hi,

I'll receive my HTC One soon and I don't know what kernel and rom install...I have read many subject about it but it still be confuse in my mind and I don't want to spend a lot of time trying every kernel and rom. If you could help me to choose a kernel and rom (even the stock one it doesn't matter), it would be very nice.

Here is what i expect from my phone (from the most important) :

1 - Stability
2 - Autonomy
3 - Ergonomy (for exemple having very fast and accessible settings)
4 - Performance

And if possible, I'd like to (but this point must not counter the two first points) :

- Activate the HTC logo to lock and unlock screen OR lock and unlock via the tactil screen or gyroscope (with movment)

So, wich kernel and wich rom for my use ?

Pardon my english, I hope you got what I meaned and thank by advance!

millicent
Old
Thanks Meter 127
I would simply stay on stock rom for best stability. the second best alternative would be to get s-off and convert your sense htc one into a GPE, for faster update cycle.

either way, you'd want with both a custom kernel such as elementalx for dt2w etc. for further customization you might want xposed + mods such as gravity box and others. for now however xposed doesn't support art runtime (some say art is much faster than dalvik, but myself didn't find it any more performant )

good luck

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

mike-y
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Rom comparison threads are not allowed. People prefer different roms for many different reasons, so no one rom is best for everyone.

I'd stay stock for a while, but to the dev section and read up on some of the ROM threads. then when you are ready to flash, you can try out the ones that interest you and see which ones you like.

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 10832

DONATE TO ME
As Stated It is all user choice. What may work for me may not work for you. I also advise you to stay stock for a while and do some reading. Re-writting the OS on your device is not something to be taken lightly. You could end up with a paper weight that is nothing more then a skipping stone. Do you research and put he time into it and you will save yourself alot of grey hair and heart ache.

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe