[Q] HTC One unrooting stuck on bootloader

7th July 2014, 07:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hi Everyone

While trying to unroot my one i eventually got stuck on my bootloader. What happened was that I typed in "fastboot oem lock" in adb and now I can't go into recovery or reboot. I know I should install a RUU at this point but I can't find an RUU for my phone! When I get "fastboot getvar all" I see that my "version-main" is 3.23.666.1 (is that the right one to look at?) and so I've scoured for hours for an RUU but only found OTAs which I don't know how to use. If it helps I'm on HBOOT 1.55.

I also remember pressing unroot in OTA unroot (I don't remember the exact app name) and tried pressing restore root but it did nothing so I started doing the above stuff with RUUs.

I'm pretty stumped right now and I would appreciate any help at all, thank you!
7th July 2014, 10:09 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaSuccess

Hi Everyone

While trying to unroot my one i eventually got stuck on my bootloader. What happened was that I typed in "fastboot oem lock" in adb and now I can't go into recovery or reboot. I know I should install a RUU at this point but I can't find an RUU for my phone! When I get "fastboot getvar all" I see that my "version-main" is 3.23.666.1 (is that the right one to look at?) and so I've scoured for hours for an RUU but only found OTAs which I don't know how to use. If it helps I'm on HBOOT 1.55.

I also remember pressing unroot in OTA unroot (I don't remember the exact app name) and tried pressing restore root but it did nothing so I started doing the above stuff with RUUs.

I'm pretty stumped right now and I would appreciate any help at all, thank you!

If you have an unlocktoken flash it with fastboot flashunlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

If you dont have it, go to htcdev.com and visit unlock bootloader section and follow instructions there.
Once your bootloader is unlocked again, flash twrp recovery and ABD sideload some ROM.
After this you can start all over again whatever it is you were trying to do.

P.S. this will not get you the right RUU package but it will get your phone back to useful condition.
My advice is first you find an RUU for your phone and then do the bootloader manipulations.
Last edited by 7ftnick; 7th July 2014 at 10:13 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 7ftnick For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th July 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ftnick

If you have an unlocktoken flash it with fastboot flashunlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

If you dont have it, go to htcdev.com and visit unlock bootloader section and follow instructions there.
Once your bootloader is unlocked again, flash twrp recovery and ABD sideload some ROM.
After this you can start all over again whatever it is you were trying to do.

P.S. this will not get you the right RUU package but it will get your phone back to useful condition.
My advice is first you find an RUU for your phone and then do the bootloader manipulations.

Thanks for the reply! I did that and my phone was working fine again. I went to go flash a stock rom that I found and it flashed fine but now the NFC logo flashes in the status bar even though it's not on. Also, my wifi doesn't work! It constantly says turning on wifi.. I'm trying to flash a different stock rom but I can't enter recovery anymore I would be fine except no wifi is a bit of a problem. Thank you for the reply by the way, is there a chance you can help me find an RUU for my phone? I've searched everywhere but there doesn't seem to be one.
7th July 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 418

1,730 posts
Quote:

Thanks for the reply! I did that and my phone was working fine again. I went to go flash a stock rom that I found and it flashed fine but now the NFC logo flashes in the status bar even though it's not on. Also, my wifi doesn't work! It constantly says turning on wifi.. I'm trying to flash a different stock rom but I can't enter recovery anymore I would be fine except no wifi is a bit of a problem. Thank you for the reply by the way, is there a chance you can help me find an RUU for my phone? I've searched everywhere but there doesn't seem to be one.

There is no RUU for Bell devices. Have you checked my restore to stock for canadian users thread? Post #1 should be ok for you
The Following User Says Thank You to SaHiLzZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th July 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ

There is no RUU for Bell devices. Have you checked my restore to stock for canadian users thread? Post #1 should be ok for you

I took a look and I'll try it! Do you know if my device is Bell? I'm not sure how to tell.
8th July 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ

So I managed to get my phone working again thanks to your guide! but once I went in to get my S-OFF the program got stuck on pouring 2 after I left it for an hour I hard reset my phone and now I can't boot into recovery or main OS, just bootloader. But in bootloader I see at the top that it says my phone is S-OFF but I can't do the remove tampered because I can't use adb because I can't boot into main OS! I've tried flashing different recovery TWRP but it isn't changing anything..

Any help would be greatly appreciated
8th July 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #7  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,117

2,894 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So I managed to get my phone working again thanks to your guide! but once I went in to get my S-OFF the program got stuck on pouring 2 after I left it for an hour I hard reset my phone and now I can't boot into recovery or main OS, just bootloader. But in bootloader I see at the top that it says my phone is S-OFF but I can't do the remove tampered because I can't use adb because I can't boot into main OS! I've tried flashing different recovery TWRP but it isn't changing anything..

Any help would be greatly appreciated

did you erased cache after flashing the recovery?

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader
then try to boot in recovery again.
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

did you erased cache after flashing the recovery?

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader
then try to boot in recovery again.

Yeah I did try to erase cache, no luck. but I managed to fix it by turning my S-OFF back to S-ON by typing fastboot oem writesecureflag 3
after that I flashed twrp again and then i was able to boot up to OS again. Thanks for the help everyone!
8th July 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #9  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,117

2,894 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yeah I did try to erase cache, no luck. but I managed to fix it by turning my S-OFF back to S-ON by typing fastboot oem writesecureflag 3
after that I flashed twrp again and then i was able to boot up to OS again. Thanks for the help everyone!

well that is strange, you should have kept s-off and try other things first but well, its to late. At least your phone is working now

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread