[Q] My htc one(m7) t-mobile failed to update to sensen 6.0 and showing a red triangle

9th July 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
i try to updated my htc one to sense 6.0 when it installed the updated it will stuck at half and showing the red triangle.
tried factory reset and wipe cache but not worked.

seems like it cannot find soundhound_freemium.apk ... but try search google nothing come out.
is some know how to do solve this annoying problem? i am a totally noob. thanks guys!

here is the message
and find the message below:
finding update packing...
opening update packing..
verifying current system...
check/date/preload/soundhound_freemium.apk failed, error No such file or directory
installation aborted.
write host_mode:0 done
9th July 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,117

2,894 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zj2252

i try to updated my htc one to sense 6.0 when it installed the updated it will stuck at half and showing the red triangle.
tried factory reset and wipe cache but not worked.

seems like it cannot find soundhound_freemium.apk ... but try search google nothing come out.
is some know how to do solve this annoying problem? i am a totally noob. thanks guys!

here is the message
and find the message below:
finding update packing...
opening update packing..
verifying current system...
check/date/preload/soundhound_freemium.apk failed, error No such file or directory
installation aborted.
write host_mode:0 done

1. post the output of fastboot getvar all except imei and serialno

you have unlocked bootloader. This process wipe /data including all HTC preloaded apps in /data/preload/. The ota updates sometime applies patches to these preloaded app. If they are missing, youmust put them back in that folder and set the right permission.
29th August 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Tutorial Solved
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

1. post the output of fastboot getvar all except imei and serialno

you have unlocked bootloader. This process wipe /data including all HTC preloaded apps in /data/preload/. The ota updates sometime applies patches to these preloaded app. If they are missing, youmust put them back in that folder and set the right permission.

1. Hi, first You Phone needs to stay Rooted
2.you need to have your phone S-on
3.You would have to get your Current Phone's OTA in Zip Downloaded
4.Get es Explorer
5.Decompress The OTA.zip Somewhere on your Pc then Browse through it,You will see a folder Data/Preload
6.Copy everything and paste it in your Phone anywhere you want it
7.Now use the es explore To create the same folder in 0/Data Create new folder Preload there then paste the Whole thing there
8.Now from the es Explorer Change the Permission of every file and apps ( Check on everything)
I almost forgot u must be on original stock recovery of your Phone for the update to run
9.Paste The new Ota update in your downloads then Check for updates then you would get Update completed Intall now.
10.Install it now And you are Done
Sense looks very awesome let me now if there is anything else
30th August 2014, 08:34 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

10 posts
Donate to Me
I ran into this exact problem and just reflashed the stock ruu with s off and ran all the ota updates again and it worked.

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to xXDeathDealaXx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread